Side by side questions ok on here?

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #1  

Dsewell1963

Tractor
2021 Massey Furguson 1840E
I have a 2011 400 Hi Out Put Polaris Ranger.
when it gets really hot it will quit on me and I have had to leave it in the woods till tomorrow. Then it cranked fine.
Any Help!!

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #2  
Quit how? What does it do and not do?

Bruce

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #3  
Any indications/lights?

/ Side by side questions ok on here?
Just like running out of gas but it’s not. Probably electronic maybe....

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #5  
Im assuming getting really hot is the outdoors temperature. If so, your rig is possibly getting vapor locked?

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #6  
I have a Polaris ATP ( all terrain pickup ). It's never quit in this heat. However - the radiator fan comes on as soon as I start it up and continues to run as I putt around the property. If I open it up and zoom down the driveway - the fan will shut down.

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #7  
My 2014 Honda Foreman does the exact same thing. Sounds like it runs out of fuel. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so, and it starts and runs fine. Always happens when I'm way back in the timber. Gas cap is venting so Honda dealer says all they can do is start throwing parts at it. Hope you figure it out. I know how frustrating it can be....Dan.

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #8  
I venture to say it is something electrical...the heat is causing a problem somewhere in the electical system. In both my dirt bike and my quad, the problem turned out to be the stator itself. When it got really hot it would short out so no electrics. Not a cheap fix!

/ Side by side questions ok on here? #9  
Sounds like vapor lock. When motor quits, loosen gas cap and listen for sucking noises or try restarting.
Also look for gas lines that are too close to heat sources, that get soft and pinch themselves shut.

Last edited:
   / Side by side questions ok on here? #10  
I had the same problem and fix as Deserteagle71…. It was on a Yamaha beat tracker…. Replaced stator…. Runs like a 1999 champ… I got a Chinese stator cheap and put it in to save money…. Watched a YouTube video to decide if doable…. To diagnose… check voltage at the spark plug wire when it runs and when it stops…. If it drops to zero…. Check voltage into the coil… if that’s not zero… you got lucky, and replace the coil… if it’s zero…. It might be the stator… Good luck…!