Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement.

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement.
I don't have a clue about these clips, but could they have been Stainless Steel? And therefore not magnetic?

I think there is a bit of surface rust on some of the others, but even "stainless" should have been found by the MOJO stick that I was using.
Those things have POWERFUL magnets in them, they can be dangerous so I didn't probe around inside the tractor with it - the bit could still be lodged up inside.

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement. #12  
Those spring clips can be aggravating. And they can be hard to line up when you reinstall the grills. But they have held for 15 years so I really cannot say too much. But I definitely take my time when removing and installing the grills. W Jones

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement. #13  
If I look for somethong with a magnet, I hope to have another piece like I am looking for and see if it is magnetic, then go one step farther by let's say throwing it in the grass (Where I can see it) and see how much luck I have recovering it. No sense pending time on a plan that isn't going to work.

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement. #14  
I bought a few a while back from Daves tractor in Ca.
No they aren't cheap, but they work good, I spray them once in a while with wd40 to keep the rust to a minimum.
If you come up with a replacement, please let us know.

If I look for somethong with a magnet, I hope to have another piece like I am looking for and see if it is magnetic, then go one step farther by let's say throwing it in the grass (Where I can see it) and see how much luck I have recovering it. No sense pending time on a plan that isn't going to work.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that technique, however.....
with these particular clips just taking them OUT can lead to them springing apart, similarly putting a test part back in, so I am loath to sacrifice another one just to see how/where things fly, land and hide.

ANYWAY.
Today I put one of the plastic rivets in, the 1/4 inch hole one was the best fit, the 7 mm one was too fat.
Another thing I liked about the 1/4 inch hole one is the large head on it, about the size of a US quarter.

I didn't run the tractor to see if I could get it to vibrate out, I was there for other reasons including putting the wheel back on the Harley rake (new inner tube).
It will be no great hardship to have to carry a #2 Phillips head screwdriver on the tractor<grin>

When I have nothing better to do some winter's night I may take one of the clips apart, lay the tab on my scanner to get a profile of it and then print a few in ABS plastic (bicycle helmet plastic), which is good tough stuff. About 1mm thick should work.
I know, I know, I'll NEVER find one of those with a magnet.

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement. #16  
Saw this thread searching for the panel clips. Found that JD part #AM102018 looks pretty close and ebay and Amazon have quite a few. Just bought set of 4 for 11.97 on amazon. Hopefully they work.

They are likely the same - given that Kukje has contract built JD cat 1 tractors ( & probably still does).

The paint, its all in the paint - green and yellow makes such a BIG difference (-:

/ Side panel clips - where to buy, or what to use for replacement. #19  
Received the JD clips today and they're a perfect fit. 3 bucks apiece delivered works for me.