Signatures

/ Signatures #11  
Grant,
I did mine with microsoft paint.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Signatures
Grant -

There's a lot of pixel drawing programs out there. I happen to use Adobe Photoshop 'cuz I've used it a lot and am comfortable with its features.

In the beginning, I just eyeballed a picture of a tractor and sketched it up as best I could. I make heavy use of the Undo feature. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

The last few I did, I got a little more sophisticated and started with a digital picture of a real tractor. I shrunk it down to the actual size I wanted, created a semi-transparent layer over it, and essentially "traced" it in (still using a lot of Undo's).

The one I'm using for my own signature was my earliest attempt and I should probably update it someday, but it kind of suits me now, so I'll probably leave it the way it is. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Signatures #13  
Okay, let's see if this works

Attachments

• 18-30989-tractorsig1.JPG
    18-30989-tractorsig1.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 176
   / Signatures
Excellent, Grant!!!

That's really superb! I think we're flushing out the real artists on this board. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I call my stuff "doodles" 'cuz that's really the most I am capable of, but yours is a real work of art! I'm totally impressed. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Signatures #17  
DFB and Harv,
Thanks, you are too kind. After all my manipulations with the images they took on some noise or fuzziness around the edges. I'll probably clean them up eventually.

18-30989-tractorsig1.JPG

/ Signatures #20  
Jim,
You have to put the full path to your image - like this:
[_image_]http://www.frontiernet.net/~goehring/markcg_sig.gif[_/image_]

(Note: I put the underscores in so you could see the characters, but you need to take them out /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

Also, I'm not sure, but I think the signature works better as a GIF, not a jpg.

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif