silence the rops?

/ silence the rops? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
I always use my rops up alright as they where meant to be used but they always make annoying sounds on rough ground after a few hours i get tired of it. Has anyone found a way to make them quiet? Maybe some kind of rubber wedges.

I do fold mine down when i put the tractor away.

/ silence the rops? #2  
Some people claim that filling the ROPS with spray foam will deaden the sound.I tried it once on a BX 2360 and it seemed to help but didn't get rid of the sound completely.

/ silence the rops? #3  
If you don't have them, there are knobs that thread into the nut welded on the front of the rops where it folds. Or you can just use bolts like I did on mine, they're metric but I can't remember the size.

/ silence the rops? #4  
I have bolts on my CIH, that are made to take up the slack when pinned in the upright position. But it still rattles and is annoying. If the bolts are tightened all the way, the pin or hole wears some and loosens anyway. I think the best solution would be a plunger ball or plunger pin style bolt to keep moderate pressure on it, reducing the rattle.

/ silence the rops? #5  
I have a rigid ROPS on my L4400. It would make a ringing sound. I filled it with play sand. The sound stopped. The sand is also supposed to prevent the collapse of the tube. I hope to never find out.

/ silence the rops? #6  
Try a wood shim strip. It works to deaden the vibrations.

/ silence the rops? #7  
I have a rigid ROPS on my L4400. It would make a ringing sound. I filled it with play sand. The sound stopped. The sand is also supposed to prevent the collapse of the tube. I hope to never find out.

Where did you pick up that trick? Would it not raise the center of gravity a bit?

/ silence the rops? #8  
Where did you pick up that trick? Would it not raise the center of gravity a bit?
Technically yes, but it is a pretty extremely slim.

/ silence the rops? #9  
Our old Deere had an annoying rattle in the canopy top and the top and bottom halves of the ROPS would squeak rubbing together. I added a strip of rubber belt between where the upper and lower ROPS met. It solved both problems.

/ silence the rops? #10  
If you don't have them, there are knobs that thread into the nut welded on the front of the rops where it folds. Or you can just use bolts like I did on mine, they're metric but I can't remember the size.

That's what I did as well....on a B2620. Bought some metric bolts about 1-1/2 inches long ....fine tread as I recall. A jam nut keeps them in place when not in use.