simlicity problem

/ simlicity problem #1  

jiminpa

Bronze Member
Tractor
massy 35 diesel
brought home a 16hp broadmoor last night (for $50!) runs good but the drive belt keeps twisting and gets chewed up. what do i look for to fix this?

/ simlicity problem #2  
Try this place Error

the link does work

/ simlicity problem
its the belt from mower to deck.it is twisted like ive never seen! belts don't last long ! the last owner got ride of it because this.

/ simlicity problem #4  
My guess is a bad pulley.

/ simlicity problem #5  
Simplicity like to put quite the twist in their drive belts, belts other than OEM do NOT last long at all. Espicaly mower deck drive belts and some engine to transmission belts. Check for any noisy idler pulleys, if its not smooth and quiet, replace it. Then check the driver and driven pulleys to see if the edges are worn to the point of being like a knife, be carefull doing this, they can become a razor blade if worn enough! Then get a proper OEM Simplicity belt from the dealership and see how that works. If you need further assistance, PM me for my cell number. Mike

/ simlicity problem #6  
The idler pulley position on the tractor needs to be changed. One is for use with a snow thrower and one for the mower deck.

/ simlicity problem
got to pull the old belt off.checked the pulleys and bearings on the deck.all ok. belt was a aftermarket and I replaced it with a oem belt.big difference! no twist so far, all is good!
oh,belt cost 20.00,almost half of what I paid for the mower!!