Simple fix...dumb fixer.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #11  
Preacher noticed little boy down the street sitting beside a push mower with a for sale sign. Preacher payed kid and took mower home,pulled and pulled,took his jacket off and pulled some more,took his tie off and was about to pull again when boy walked by enjoying a double dip ice cream cone bought with money from selling mower. Preacher called to boy "what do I need to do to get this mower started"? Little boy "have you cussed it?" "Why no,I'm a preacher,I don't even know how to cuss". Little boy "just keep pulling and you will soon learn how".

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #12  
Use my gas leaf blower only once or twice a year - can never remember which lever/button should be in what position to choke, then run, so have to play with it for ten minutes until it starts running.

Then I say to myself - "remember that for next time" - and I don't.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #13  
Yup, generator pull start, pull, pull, pull, in the dark and and raining of course. I go ahead and actually turn on the flash light, oh hey that's right. New generator with electric start, flip on the battery switch, hit the start rocker switch and varoom.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #14  
One winter lost power must pull generator starter rope 20-30 times than hook gas line even check spark plug,than it hit me needed to turn on/off switch to on. :rolleyes:

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #15  
I have a good work/friend that made it all the way to adulthood before he bought his first motorcycle. He told me it ran out of gas about a mile from home on his day off, had to push it back.
Asked him if it has a reserve position on the fuel shut off?
A what…??
Yep, we had a good laugh, he now knows what that res position on the fuel petcock is for.

Mike

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #16  
Had an older skidoo snowmobile would not start didn't have spark, replaced the cdi off another old parts machine, still no spark, was about to disassemble the flywheel and replace- check over the stator, pickup/trigger coil and everything else, when I noticed the cracked plastic trim from the console partially dislodged the kill tether from the plunger switch.
I did the same thing last fall with my Arctic Cat. Wouldn't start, no spark, no voltage to the fuel pump. Farted around with it for an hour or so, finally winched it onto my trailer to bring to the dealer. Then came the "light bulb" moment. Checked the kill button, it was down. Pulled it up and it started right up.
Never gave it much thought because I'd bypassed it years ago because the throttle cable safety switch (which is part of the kill switch) was flakey and would randomly cut out while riding. Had forgotten I'd replaced it. Well, glad I found it before I'd brought it to the dealer...
🤬

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #17  
One winter lost power must pull generator starter rope 20-30 times than hook gas line even check spark plug,than it hit me needed to turn on/off switch to on. :rolleyes:
Then there's pulling the plug wire and forgetting to put it back on. Not that I would ever do that... :whistle:

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #18  
Use my gas leaf blower only once or twice a year - can never remember which lever/button should be in what position to choke, then run, so have to play with it for ten minutes until it starts running.

Then I say to myself - "remember that for next time" - and I don't.
I make labels with a sharpie and masking tape or print one on a label maker, clean the surface with rubbing alcohol bor acetone and stick it to my seldom used stuff.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #19  
I make labels with a sharpie and masking tape or print one on a label maker, clean the surface with rubbing alcohol bor acetone and stick it to my seldom used stuff.
And then put in place so I can find it when needed, only to never see it again until I'm looking for some other seldom used thingamabob.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #20  
I just had a similar experience with our lawn mower. Crank & crank, but no start. Just getting ready to do a 'tear-down' when it dawned on me to check the fuel level. Bonk!!! No gas. Period.

That was unusual since I "always" re-fill the gas tank when I'm done mowing. Wife used the mower last time and I forgot to re-fill it. Added gas and all was okay in the world :)