Simple PTO shaft cover fix

/ Simple PTO shaft cover fix #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
The plastic tab holding the chain on the Comer plastic PTO shaft cover broke; so a worm gear hose clamp and a snap-spring bridle was the less than $5 fix to keep the PTO shaft out of the muck during storage, and the plastic cover from spinning during operation.

Attachments

• DSC03251.JPG
    DSC03251.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 480
   / Simple PTO shaft cover fix #2  
mjncad said:
The plastic tab holding the chain on the Comer plastic PTO shaft cover broke; so a worm gear hose clamp and a snap-spring bridle was the less than $5 fix to keep the PTO shaft out of the muck during storage, and the plastic cover from spinning during operation.
It doesnt matter if the plastic cover spins. Its only important that the cover slips freely on the driven shaft. Wastes less power and usually will last longer if you let it spin too. I prefer to keep it simple by removing the chain and just propping the shaft on something at a downward angle when parked so water doesnt run in.
larry

/ Simple PTO shaft cover fix
There is a bit of a downward angle for drainage. Plus I give a shot of grease every now and then on the plastic fittings per the manual.

/ Simple PTO shaft cover fix #4  
I'd much rather have the plastic cover stay still. That way I know right away if something gets stuck inside it & makes it useless.