Simplicity fuel issue

/ Simplicity fuel issue #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Have an older Simplicity Broadmoore, 15hp Kolher. Fuel builds up in the air chamber(under the air cleaner) eventually flooding everything out. Carb is new, put on Monday.Problem did not change. Any ideas?? The motor had a short block rebuild about 4-5 years ago, 135 hr.

/ Simplicity fuel issue #2  
I know your problem. Its becoming more and more common as the alcohol % in gasoline increases. The solution is to install an inline fuel shutoff in the rubber fuel line. The best location is after the fuel tank but before the fuel filter. Most auto part stores and Tractor Supply carry them for like $7.00. I would also highly recommend running premium fuel only, so your new carburater lasts as long as possible.

/ Simplicity fuel issue
The engine floods out after it has been running. If I can get everything dried out enough to crank, it will run 15-30 minutes then builds up enough liquid gas above the carb that it floods out. Don't see where an inline shut off valve would help, except to limit gas getting to the carb to start with. I actually ran it some last year with locking pliers on the gas line. Seemed to help, just lost to many pliers

/ Simplicity fuel issue #4  
Is this a gravity feed carb or does it have a fuel pump on it? Reason for asking is that some models of engines came both ways and required different carb components. Sounds like you may have a carb meant for gravity feed on a fuel pump system.

To the best of my knowledge the main difference is the float assembly and inlet needle and seat. Since the fuel is being pumped or pressurized the float needle assembly requires more force to seal off the inlet to prevent it from over flowing and flooding the engine.

Other option that your intake valve is not fully seating causing some back flow of air through the carb which can some times result in the engine getting over fueled. NOTE: This condition is rare since usually when a valve hangs open the engine will not start or run properly.

Roy

/ Simplicity fuel issue
It is a fuel pump system, the carb should be the right one, it was original, the replacement was the same. Both old and new carb did the same thing, if it is the carb.

/ Simplicity fuel issue
Just got the mower out of the shop. Blown head gasket. Was pushing everything back toward the carb until it flooded out. Not too expensive, but very confusing.