Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue

/ Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue #1  

kneedeep

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510 & 8560
I have a 8560 Mahindra with a open hydraulic system.
JD 7200 planter uses a single hose cylinder to operate the Row Markers when the planter lift cylinder is activated. The supply to both cylinders is from one remote with 2 hoses to operate the double hose lift cylinder. One line tees off to the single hose marker cylinder.
My question is, "Can a single hose from the cylinder operate properly in the Open system?
I want to separate the Lift cylinder from the Marker cylinder to operate each independent from the other.
Would eliminating the Tee and using a single hose for Marker work and not damage the system??
Thanks In Advance!

Attachments

• 20210429_131420(full).jpg
    20210429_131420(full).jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 70
  • marker2.jpg
    marker2.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 62
   / Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue #2  
You can. You must use an open center valve, since you have an open center system. It must be connected in series with another valve.

/ Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue
You can. You must use an open center valve, since you have an open center system. It must be connected in series with another valve.
Can I eliminate the tee, extend the single hose to second remote and it operate properly- power up, gravity down?
JD tractors with closed systems will work this way. Will open system work??

/ Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue #4  
Can I eliminate the tee, extend the single hose to second remote and it operate properly- power up, gravity down?
JD tractors with closed systems will work this way. Will open system work??
If you already have an available remote, yes, remove the tee, and run the line. If you have to add another valve (remote), I was saying it has to be plumbed correctly and be an open center valve (remote).

/ Single Cylinder Plumbing Issue
Thanks,
I do have 2 remotes (wish I had 3rd)
Just double checking if this is worth doing.