Skid mount "to fit ____ brand"

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #1  

SmallChange

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland WM25 with 200LC front end loader, filled R4 tires 43X16.00-20 and 25X8.50-14 (had a Kubota B6200D with dozer and R1 tires)
What does it mean that skid mount attachments are sometimes advertised as "to fit John Deere" or "to fit Kubota" or other brands? I'm hoping skid mount is skid mount, and I can buy any skid mount attachment and expect it to fit (New Holland in my case, but it shouldn't matter). Sometimes pictures show these attachments painted to match the brand color, but they're not making it sound like that's what they mean.

How can I be sure an attachment will mechanically fit my skid mount tractor loader?

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #2  
SSQA (skid steer quick attach) is the attachment method considered most common for skids. Many makes offer it as a option but some makes may have a design of their own.

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #3  
While in my opinion when you have a brand proprietary mount system such ad the JD has with their lower points, it should be advertised as a JD mount not as Skid steer mount.
But We all have our dreams!

Just watch the wording! What I have seen of the Kubota mounts they use the more standard SSQA (skid steer quick attach) system.
The SSQA and the JD mount are not compatible although the top looks the same, but the latch system causes the incompatibility.

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #4  
Here is a good video describing the SSQA, JD, and global designs:

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #5  
While in my opinion when you have a brand proprietary mount system such ad the JD has with their lower points, it should be advertised as a JD mount not as Skid steer mount.
But We all have our dreams!

Just watch the wording! What I have seen of the Kubota mounts they use the more standard SSQA (skid steer quick attach) system.
The SSQA and the JD mount are not compatible although the top looks the same, but the latch system causes the incompatibility.
The exception to that SSQA usage for newer Kubotas are some of the subcompacts which may still come as pin-on (not sure when Kubota moved to use the SSQA interface on their larger loaders).

So odds are if they are advertising anything else it's because they are offering other mounting options beyond SSQA. The SSQA interface is a defined and controlled industry standard so a manufacturer would be rather unwise to start deviating from it with newer designs for skid steers or compact/utility tractors (upto a certain size range anyway) as doing so would likely generate a lot of backlash from the customers.

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand"
Yes! Very interesting! Thank you!

This all started because I wanted pallet forks (adjustable forks though not hydraulically adjustable) for my NH Workmaster, and at a modest price. I wound up finding Titan forks that fit the bill for $635, through Amazon which streamlines everything. Part of what sold me was one of the customer comments, "it fit my NH Workmaster perfectly".

But what was especially interesting was the dozens of questions people posted, "I have such and such tractor, will it fit?" and many of the answers "I had to modify it this way and that to fit my Mahindra (or whatever)".

It seems like there's this great versatile SSQA that many tractors design to, and then just enough alternative standards that get mixed in and confused with them.

How many folks do you suppose almost bought an attachment but then thought, ah screw it, I don't want to take the chance on some compatibility issue?

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #7  
As far as I know, Kubota and everyone except Deere has either pin-on or standard SSQA front loader attachments. I'm not personally familiar with all brands, but that's my impression after seeing different ads.

I bought one SSQA plate (full solid plate) for building my front snow plow. The first plate wouldn't lock on because it was out of spec. The manufacturer (Titan) swapped it out. Second one fit perfectly.

I bought another SSQA frame (heavy open picture frame, all open in between the frame) to build my brush forks. A guy one county over had bought several and ended up with one he didn't need. Manufacturer unknown, but it fit perfectly.

My next project is an SSQA frame to adapt 3PH implements to the FEL. I plan a DIY this time.

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #8  
At one point (from what I've heard) Titan was having fitment issues with their implements (guess they weren't following the standard as closely as they should have??).... but assuming that both manufacturer's followed the standard appropriately there shouldn't be an issue ---- and if they don't well then customer comments/complaints will ensue :cool: (reputation recovery from which may take years).

Have SSQA on my Kubota loader and have gotten SSQA implements from Kubota/Land Pride, W.R. Long, Everything Attachments, and Danuser without ever running into any sort of incompatibility issue on the SSQA interface ....which is how it should work.

In fact the only thing I've ever "had" to do with an implement other than use it was make an adapter for hydraulic hose connections which I chose to do rather than change the hydraulic connection on the implement since the implement came with flat face connectors and my tractor came with ag-style hydraulic connections.

/ Skid mount "to fit ____ brand" #9  
The Titan plate I bought fit my SSQA fine.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

(2) SnapOn 3/4" to 1 1/2" Torque Wrenches (A33349)
(2) SnapOn 3/4" to...
1019589 (A32908)
1019589 (A32908)
2024 Greatbear UNUSED 66 in. Hydraulic Rock Bucket (A33548)
2024 Greatbear...
JOHN DEERE ROTARY CUTTER (A32908)
JOHN DEERE ROTARY...
1990 Sundowner Cattle Trailer (A33041)
1990 Sundowner...
2004 Cedar Creek Silver Back 37' Lite Aluminum Structure Camper, Bunk House (A33349)
2004 Cedar Creek...