Skid steer grading advice?

/ Skid steer grading advice? #11  
I have a Cat 246 that started life as a tire machine. Now has a full set of tracks on it.. Tracks are by far better for grading. Also a tooth bucket to rough grade at first. Im not a fan of back dragging to set a level grade. I get much better and faster results with a 1/2 full bucket and going forward like a dozer. Doing it this was I can get ground flat as a pool table

/ Skid steer grading advice? #12  
I use a toothbar on my loader and have NEVER come close to bending it! ---Make sure you have the bar under the cutting edge and the end bolts tight. Mine has a slot along the bottom that must be driven onto the old cutting edge, ---then while having it tight, put in the 2 end bolts to hold it in place.

the bar was fully back and tight, the problem was using the teeth to pry out roots and concrete, once it bent a couple teeth would be lower than the rest, the fix was use the press but after several times I purchased a tooth bucket, never bent one again

/ Skid steer grading advice? #13  
I owned and operated three kubota tractors with FEL before purchasing a compact track loader. If you can grade a level drive with an FEL out front of a tractor you should find using a CTL much easier and faster. At least I did. I found that once the bucket starts digging it tends to dig deeper and deeper. You have to use fine motor skills to keep that bucket from digging deeper. On the kubota CTL I found that I could not see the outer tips of the bucket unless you lean forward. I resorted to an auction to pickup a bucket with welded teeth. There are many operators that develop the skill to do excellent work with just a bucket. I found that a grader or land leveler was faster and does a better job. I purchased a skid pro max to build driveways and repair private roads. You can find videos on Youtube.

/ Skid steer grading advice? #14  
I do a fair bit of grading with my RC-30. It has four torsion axles and the suspension talks to my Butt. You have to feel what you are doing, not see.... Some people come by it naturally, I may be better than the next guy, blindfolded. One tip I CAN share with you, is the time of day. I prefer early or late evenings, the low angle of the sun will cast shadows. On my own land in the country where noise isn't an issue, I wait until evening, and finish under the lights of the machine....

If you have time, you will get better, there isn't much you can glean from talking with others. You may need severe angle to scrape backwards, you might need to dig in forward, just depends on how much is out of whack. Sometimes it does make a bit of difference to keep a half bucket full when working it down to "flatness"

Avoid "Just one more Pass" and don't be in a hurry, If it can sit overnight, and you can enjoy a cold one while you meditate on the work already done, walking and staring at it, you get a better result. Being in a hurry will frustrate you and you will tear up good work.