Skid Steer Quick Attach Fittings - hose ends?

/ Skid Steer Quick Attach Fittings - hose ends? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

I just had the local auto parts store make up some skid steer hydraulic hoses for an attachment I'm building. The quick attach couplers are direct from Bobcat and are the flat face couplers.

Before I left their store I questioned that it looked like they hadn't put the right ends on the hoses. They assured me they are correct. I should have stuck to my guns.

When I hooked them to the skid tonight they were pissing hydraulic fluid all over.

Before I go back tomorrow and raise heck, I want to confirm my theory is correct. When I looked into the female threaded end (where the hose screws in to the back side of the coupler) I saw that the bottom of the threaded hole was concave. The end they put on my hose was flat.

Should the end on the hose be rounded similar to the attached photo or were they correct in that the fitting on those hose should have a flat end?

399550872_243.jpg

/ Skid Steer Quick Attach Fittings - hose ends? #2  
My guess is they mixed up SAE Oring thread with Pipe thread.......it happens all the time

Your pix shows a male JIC adapter (same exact thread as SAE Oring but seals differently)

/ Skid Steer Quick Attach Fittings - hose ends? #3  
Or it could be they installed Female ORFS fittings. These are the latest used by John Deere now. Post a picture of your hose ends.

/ Skid Steer Quick Attach Fittings - hose ends? #4  
Most of the Bobcat Flat Face attachment couplers are SAE O-ring type.