Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #31  
Pretty sure the Farmi 351 is rated at about 8000#
The Farmi 290 is 6500 (or 6800? I forget which)

Thanks John. For some reason I thought it was 6800#. I had it on an L2501 and steep terrain clear cutting for my power easement so I kept the skids on the small side.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #32  
Heh, Hud-Son dealer in state informs there are basically no Uniforest winches available in North America at this time.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #33  
The Igland are good winches and the Norse is actually an Igland winch made by Igland for Norse. You can find them here https://nosted.com/na/products/winch I got my 3501 from Windy Ridge in Tamworth NH. They are listed as a dealer. I got a very good deal along with free shipping because of the distance to NJ.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #34  
Thanks Rob. See they do have one in my size range. I'ma check them out.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #35  
I'm running a 7000# pull Igland on an Kubota L3710, (37hp), anything bigger would get dangerous. I'm very happy with the Igland.
I have my Farmi JL 306 attached to JD 3020 and thats a 70 hp it works great. I'm thinking of selling it, any idea what it's worth?

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #36  
I have my Farmi JL 306 attached to JD 3020 and thats a 70 hp it works great. I'm thinking of selling it, any idea what it's worth?
If it's in good shape, that would bring an easy $2K around here.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #37  

If it's in good shape, that would bring an easy $2K around here.

If it's not in good shape, that could be an issue, since some ofthe older Farmi model no longer have good parts availability.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #38  
If it's not in good shape, that could be an issue, since some ofthe older Farmi model no longer have good parts availability.

And you won't know what parts you might need until you put it to use. For that vintage winch 2k would be high for me unless I was familiar with it. But then again I haven't been shopping for one.

gg

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #39  
I bought one for $1200 and sold it for a bit less. It pulled like a mule although in need of a new cable , but was too big for the tractor I had at the time.
Also too big for my current tractor.

/ Skidding winch sizing? and Pat's Easy Change #40  
Yeah I need smaller.