Sliding Rear Windows on pickups

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #11  
I now have a Ford F-150 and elected to not get a sliding rear window, for that reason. To be fair, I never had a cab on any of those trucks !
Well, there's your problem!
Did you mean cap?

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #12  
They also make an inflatable boot for between the truck and cap. Had one many moons ago on a Toyota. Worked great with air flow and kept the noise at bay. Hope this helps.

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #13  
They also make an inflatable boot for between the truck and cap.
It would seem to me they'd wear the paint off where they contacted due to the cab and bed not necessarily moving together.

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #14  
Both my previous truck and current truck had/have sliding rear windows. Not even in my wildest dreams could I slip/slide/wiggle thru when fully open.

However - the wife and I were out camping in NW Montana once. Got locked out of the truck. After quite a time - got the rear window open on the Ford. The wife - with my help - was able to slide thru and save the day. The wife had a few scrapes/bruises - the rear window survived with no damage.

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #15  
Well, there's your problem!
Did you mean cap?
Good Morning BravoXray,
Yes I meant cap, sorry, I also noted the OP mentioned with a cap ! I was just voicing my views about sliding rear windows in pickups in general !

Thanks for the correction on my poor spelling !

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #16  
Good Evening Maple Leaf,
I have had four pickups, the first three had the sliding rear window, 1982 3/4 ton Chevy, 1989 S-10 Chevy, 2000 Dodge Ram 1500. When ever I had the rear window open I would get anything that was blowing around in the bed, into the cab via the sliding window ! :unsure:

I now have a Ford F-150 and elected to not get a sliding rear window, for that reason. To be fair, I never had a cab on any of those trucks !
You learn very quickly to not leave anything light and loose in the bed or otherwise it will bounce off the inside of the windshield.

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #17  
It would seem to me they'd wear the paint off where they contacted due to the cab and bed not necessarily moving together.
Yes, the bed and cap do flex away and along the back of the cab as the frame flexes, and it is worse on crew cab duallies. I can't speak to all designs and all pickups, but in 400,000 miles, many of them on gravel and dirt roads, there wasn't visible wear on our old crew cab dually.

YMMV!

All the best,

Peter

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #18  
Had a 1988 F350 with sliding rear window and put a slider in the factory canopy window so that I could carry long boards easier. Used it once or twice in five years and watched it grow mold in the grooves. Ordered my 1990 model without a slider and still don't regret that.

/ Sliding Rear Windows on pickups #19  
That the nice part about it being inflatable! Provides a cushion but doesn't slide around like you would think. They even come with velcro steps to hold in place if you want.