slightly twisted bucket arms.

/ slightly twisted bucket arms. #31  
I did the same thing on my Kubota M59 a couple of years ago. That round tube between the loader arms (aka torque tube) is the sacrificial piece that is designed to absorb abuse (like mine!) and deform rather than doing significant structural damage to the arms or frame components. I had a friend of a friend come out and cut the tube and re-weld it with the fel bucket laying flat on the ground. Problem solved.

/ slightly twisted bucket arms. #32  
My L525 torsion bar twisted when one of the QR brackets unlatched w the grapple on. I had a full load of brush in the grapple and one of the limbs hit the QR arm when I was unloading, completely user error for not having a clean grapple load.
I man periodically ‘recalibrating‘ it, without the loader, against a tree. So far I have gotten 2” of the 5” resolved. I can still get the QR to attach with the uneven arms, it just takes some persuading.
I may file an insurance claim with Kubota just before I get the machine paid off. I hate to lose use of the L2501 while waiting for it to get fixed.
I'm not sure what your insurance claim would be for? That sounds like operator error to me, eh?

/ slightly twisted bucket arms. #33  
Metal has a memory, that’s why springs work. I spent my working life as a millwright in the sawmill industry. There were many times when a derailed log carriage was twisted so all the wheels didn’t touch the track. It took the better part of a day and a rosebud to heat and then allow to cool the “stretched” area in small sections. Slowly the carriage would return to its original shape confirmed with a machinist level. The trick was to heat the spot you were heating to “straw” just before it would begin to glow then let it cool. You will need to work in sections if it is a long bend. What is required is a good rosebud, not necessarily a big one, a straight edge, patience and persistence.
Or you could just bend the other side to match like I did on the Minneapolis Moline Jetstar 3 I restored, it was easy because there was no relief valve.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 39
   / slightly twisted bucket arms. #34  
I've been operating with an un-level loader on my Kioti since day 1. I had it at the dealers and they told me they replaced the loader: I never got any proof they did, no serial numbers or anything. The "replacement" was the same. I do believe, however, that they replaced one of the cradles that the rear, lower part of the loader pins-to: it's also an engine mount? (sorry, memory eludes me and I'm not looking at the tractor); all evidenced by their use of crappy bolts that show rust (some bolts). Point here is that it could very well be an issue of the tractor body/engine mounts or whatever and not the loader itself. I've measured things so much I don't want to bother anymore. And further, for me, nothing I operate on/with is level anyway!

To check the loader you do NOT reference the ground (too many variables!), you reference points on the loader and the tractor frame itself. Measure from the bucket pins to various other pins (and back to the rear mount point). Measuring crosswise across loader points you should be able to determine if the torque tube is messed up: this would tend to also show up in other measurements, though perhaps more subtly. IF the loader is out of whack then one side will produce disparate measurements. IF the loader is fine then it's possibly the attachment points on the tractor itself (which is what my dealer seems to have suspected but didn't seem to rectify?).

All said, on my Kioti I discovered that the front grill "protector" wasn't level. This cause the levelness of my loader's torque tube to appear to be worse than what it was as the two are out of level in opposing directions. It was this that first caught my attention: looking out over the hood and see that one side of the torque tube was significantly higher in relation to the top of the grill guard than on the other side.

/ slightly twisted bucket arms. #35  
I agree that measurements should be taken, and a thorough evaluation needs to be done. Frequently the issue is the crossover tube being twisted, with the sure fix being to cut, realign, and reweld the crossover tube.
I did this very thing to my neighbors kubota. Cut the tube and reweld with a plate in between