Slo Blow 60A fuse woes

/ Slo Blow 60A fuse woes #1  

o2batsea

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45C 2005
Just for your edfification, I spent a good half hour trying to figure out what the problem was. Good power from battery to terminal lug on starter, but no power to ignition switch, lights etc. Checked slo blow fuse and it was good. Still nothing. Finally just tried wiggling it ( I know, real technical right?), which made lights flicker. So it appears that the slo blow fuse needs replacing. I was able to start and run the tractor, but certainly will want spares for this.

/ Slo Blow 60A fuse woes #2  
Corroded contacts in the socket maybe?

/ Slo Blow 60A fuse woes #3  
Just for your edfification, I spent a good half hour trying to figure out what the problem was. Good power from battery to terminal lug on starter, but no power to ignition switch, lights etc. Checked slo blow fuse and it was good. Still nothing. Finally just tried wiggling it ( I know, real technical right?), which made lights flicker. So it appears that the slo blow fuse needs replacing. I was able to start and run the tractor, but certainly will want spares for this.

How did you check it?

/ Slo Blow 60A fuse woes
When they blow they spew crud all over the "window", however I used a multimeter to check continuity.

PS to follow up, they're PAL or Pacific Auto Link socket, which is not readily available in the USA. Not something you'll find at the local auto parts store. There are a few online retailers who do carry them.
PAL (Pacific Auto Link) Fuse 60 Amp Female

PPS, the fuse is located near the starter motor. In my case it was taped to the wiring loom, so it was hard to see at first. It's in line with the red/white main power wire that goes to the fuse box.

Last edited: