Slow leak in rear tire

/ Slow leak in rear tire #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
My B1750 Kubota has a slow leak in the rear (turf) tire. I checked it with soap water and it is in the sidewall. I tried the Slime but it still leaks. I am not sure if it's advisible to try to plug leak in the sidewall. Should I dismount the tire and try to glue it from inside? I fixed many tires and tubes in my life, but I am bit lost here. And yes, I have the tools and ability to mount and dismount tire myself, done it on my jeep many times.

/ Slow leak in rear tire #2  
   / Slow leak in rear tire #3  
Most my tractor tires have had tubes but I've repaired and hired many tubless truck and trailer tires repaired. My experience has been that patches from inside are more reliable than plugs. Most tire shops refuse repair on sidewall but I've patched a couple dozen over the years without a single failure. I suggest you patch it from inside.

/ Slow leak in rear tire
I dismounted the tire and patched it on the inside. It was not hard to get off, easier than motorcycle or car tire for sure. I was able to pop off the bead just by standing on the tire. I scaffed the rubber and patched it, left it under clamp for 24+ hours and it seems to be holding air now.

But the inside where the leak was looked the same as the rest of the tire; why it was leaking I do not know.

/ Slow leak in rear tire #5  
I dismounted the tire and patched it on the inside. It was not hard to get off, easier than motorcycle or car tire for sure. I was able to pop off the bead just by standing on the tire. I scaffed the rubber and patched it, left it under clamp for 24+ hours and it seems to be holding air now.

But the inside where the leak was looked the same as the rest of the tire; why it was leaking I do not know.

If the tire is old it may be that the seal layer of rubber inside the tire is breaking down/ forming cracks. Sidewall leaks are a common indication of this. In such case, a tube will not last long because sidewalls cracks will gradually chew thru the tube. An internal tire sealing liquid can give you a lot of added life since their seal is self renewing. - The good ones - NOT Slime. Link to Multiseal products:

HYDRO 1500™ | MULTI SEAL® | Commercial and Industrial Tire Sealant

/ Slow leak in rear tire
If the tire is old it may be that the seal layer of rubber inside the tire is breaking down/ forming cracks. Sidewall leaks are a common indication of this. In such case, a tube will not last long because sidewalls cracks will gradually chew thru the tube. An internal tire sealing liquid can give you a lot of added life since their seal is self renewing. - The good ones - NOT Slime. Link to Multiseal products:

HYDRO 1500™ | MULTI SEAL® | Commercial and Industrial Tire Sealant

Thank you. Yes, the tires are old and I expect them to develop leak(s) again.