Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #11  
I also tend to think that 1 gallon is just too small. 2.5 gallons is still easy to lift, but actually enough to be useful.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #12  
All good thoughts.
I didn't have any luck at the TSC or Rural sites finding anything.

I found that "milk jug" style and have it on my list.
The Square one was a thought until I saw the 26$ delivery charge.
Here's the same square one for $30 with free shipping:

Last edited:
   / Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #13  
The 5 gallon plastic cans are available all over for about $20. There's really no need for a 1 or 2 gallon because you don't need to fill them. I only put 3 gallons in mine because that's easy to lift and my 6 gallon tank will only take a little over 3 gallons when the gauge reads empty.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #14  
Amazing how this happens. Someone asks for something specific and people jump in to tell him or her why they don't really want what they want. Did he ask for your approval of his purchase? Did he even ask about alternatives? No? So why the need to try to talk someone out of a decision they already made?

This one is $19, but free shipping.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #15  
There was no 10L diesel jugs to find when I went looking, can of yellow spray paint and all is good. I was worried it may affect the plastic but 5-6 years ago and she's still solid and doesn't even wash off when I spill the fuel on it.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #16  
As soon as I empty my 2.5 gallon jugs of
diesel oil I will spray print them yellow so
I can have the smaller jug for pouring diesel
fuel into my tractor and I don't have to put up
with the so called safety device on it.

willy

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #17  
Maybe an old Prestone antifreeze or Pennzoil motor oil jug? They're yellow. Peel off the label to reduce confusion as to contents.
Don't know if the threads are compatible with the aftermarket spouts.
Those are easy enough to pour that no spouts are needed.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #19  
Does anyone know who sells a small 1-2 gallon Yellow plastic diesel jug.
I want a small jug for shop purposes and that heavy 50$ metal can is out.
a blue kerosene jug would work.

Attachments

• 0D817E9D-5348-4F97-93DA-919D61637C00.jpeg
    0D817E9D-5348-4F97-93DA-919D61637C00.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 67
   / Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #20  
Amazing how this happens. Someone asks for something specific and people jump in to tell him or her why they don't really want what they want. Did he ask for your approval of his purchase? Did he even ask about alternatives? No? So why the need to try to talk someone out of a decision they already made?
I mostly agree but the OP did say “a blue kerosene jug would work”, suggesting alternatives were welcome, at least to color.

I did finally find some yellow plastic diesel jugs somewhere years ago but they were 5 gallon.

I'm switching over to metal Eagle cans now. I just hate to pay $5 more for yellow color. But Atwoods has them and I guess I’ll have to or do without.