Small Excavator... What to look at or avoid?

/ Small Excavator... What to look at or avoid? #31  
I agree they are faster , it depends on how fast you want something done! I'm in no hurry so the limited swing isn't that much problem! Time equals out to me my wheels getting me there and back quicker,I've had a couple used track machines before and seems they always have something going wrong!Wheels are more dependable if you can tolerate there down side being slower and easier hung, but if it's that softI just wait to dry up, can't really dig in the mud to fast anyhow, you spend half your time emptying the bucket!

I don't consider flat tires to be more dependable than tracks..........nor torn rubber, nor, the lack of floatation....tracks are better in every way except speed of locomotion. And a tracked, hydraulic excavator is better in every way than a rubber tired backhoe execpt again for speed of locomotion. No comparison to the speed of getting the work done.

*Note: We're talking about the hoe, not the FEL. Arguments can be made for the overall versitility of a rubber tired TLB.

/ Small Excavator... What to look at or avoid? #32  
Something to look forward to. Dude uses excavator to serve himself a beer. He cheats a little, has an opener glued to a bucket tooth.