Small MIGs Really any difference?

/ Small MIGs Really any difference? #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( TSC sells small gas bottles for those gas/flux rigs..

Soundguy )</font>

Thanks again SG! I didn't even think to look there.
I did manage to burn some wire this afternoon. I didn't realize that the welder came with a tip for use with the flux core untill I finsihed reading the manual. I searched around the place to find something, anything, to play on. When I proudly showed my wife what I'd built, she responded "What in the **** is that??? Isn't that the wood chip smoker box you put in the bbq grill?" To which I responded... "well yeahhhh..... but it wasnt welded to a fence post before!" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ken

/ Small MIGs Really any difference? #32  
g42guy,

Regarding your selection of welders, I found most of the big name brand retailers will let you try out their welders.

My supplier was a great guy, and stocked Miller and Hobart. I told him it wasn't necessary, that I was quite comfortable using MIG. However my brother and dad new very little and I would have to teach them. He (company owner) offered to come out and give us a class on the welder I purchased, which is 18 miles one way.

As it turned out, I had the family up and running with the new welder in about an hour. I called the gent who sold me the 215 Miller and explained this. He also stated that most of the better dealers provide the brief "hands on" when customers spend more that a $1K. either in house or on site.

Just like the relationship with a good tractor dealer, It is the same with a welding supplier as well.

Mark