Small tractor w/good lift capacity

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #12  
Sorry to bump a thread that's exactly one year old to the day, but I'm considering a 40 horse Kioti and am wondering just what is the difference between the DK40SE and the DS4110 (perhaps I should be asking this on the Kioti board...?)

The DS4110 is described as a "value" tractor which tells me that it's less expensive... but what are the primary differences? What are you giving up by going with a Kioti DS over a DK of the same horsepower. The comparison tool on the Kioti site doesn't tell me very much. Thanks in advance,

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #13  
The DS4110 is essentially the older version of the DK40se body and I believe has fewer of the electrohydraulic controls for PTO/AWD etc. It has essentially the same loader and would IMO be well worth looking at along side the DK40se to judge whether the differences are worth the price savings.

The DK40se was released in 2007 and replaced the older DK40. The DS4110 came out a year or two later as a value tractor presumably to compete with the Kubota L4200. Other than the new loader I am not sure what else changed from the older DK40 which was a very capable machine in its day.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #14  
Much appreciated -- many thanks. Just saw the admin note to post brand-specific Q's to brand-specific areas; sorry about that.

Honestly I thought I had narrowed it down to the DK40SE and was talking to the wife about it last night. She's totally on board with the new tractor idea (must say I love her now more than ever). We were talking about the cost and I mentioned how we wouldn't need a cab, wouldn't need a backhoe, etc.

Then she stuns me by saying "I don't know, I think we could really use a backhoe." She's right -- lots of brush root digging and removal needs to be done at our place.

So now I'm thinking maybe the DS4110 is worth looking at more closely if a BH is going to be a part of this purchase... save some money by going DS4110 instead of the DK40SE... apply the difference toward the BH. Hmmm.

Decisions. Thanks again.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #15  
My DK40se matches nicely with the Woods BH90x and I'm sure the DS4110 would too.

/ Small tractor w/good lift capacity #16  
Good to know, thanks! We'll see how the wallet holds up under all of this power.