Smaller tractor and EA 850lb aerator?

/ Smaller tractor and EA 850lb aerator? #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I have the Everything Attachments heavy duty 48 inch core aerator. Weighs 850 pounds per EA. Used it a couple times now with my Kubota L3240 and it works great. The L3240 has a loader and loaded rears with R4 tires, so it is a bit hard on the turf for aerating, particularly if I do it when the soil is moist.

I'm considering getting a smaller tractor with turf tires and a belly mower for other reasons, so I would like to get one to handle the aerator too if possible. Does anyone have this aerator (or a similar one) and are you using it with a smaller tractor? Seems like a B-series Kubota or a John Deere 2320 would handle it fine, but what about the small tractors like a Kubota BX or a John Deere 2305 could these smaller tractors handle an implement that big?

I have looked at the Tractor Data charts for 3 point hitch lift capacity: for example, JD 2305: 1450 lbs. lift, 681 lbs. at 24 inches. Just not sure where that aerator falls in terms of how far out from the ends it would be.

Last edited:
   / Smaller tractor and EA 850lb aerator? #2  
Generally speaking, Lower Link spread width on subcompact tractors is 19" Subcompact Lower Links may not spread wide enough to fit aerator draw pins.

Lower Link spread width on Cat 1 Three Point Hitch compact tractors is 26".

RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE.

Last edited:
   / Smaller tractor and EA 850lb aerator? #3  
I have the 36" EA aerator and have run it on a BX1500 equipped with a belly mower. It will pull it and lift it, but its really too heavy for the tractor. In particular additional front weight is needed. Everything is a lot better when I use it on our B9200.

/ Smaller tractor and EA 850lb aerator? #4  
I have the Everything Attachments heavy duty 48 inch core aerator. Weighs 850 pounds per EA. Used it a couple times now with my Kubota L3240 and it works great. The L3240 has a loader and loaded rears with R4 tires, so it is a bit hard on the turf for aerating, particularly if I do it when the soil is moist.

I'm considering getting a smaller tractor with turf tires and a belly mower for other reasons, so I would like to get one to handle the aerator too if possible. Does anyone have this aerator (or a similar one) and are you using it with a smaller tractor? Seems like a B-series Kubota or a John Deere 2320 would handle it fine, but what about the small tractors like a Kubota BX or a John Deere 2305 could these smaller tractors handle an implement that big?

I have looked at the Tractor Data charts for 3 point hitch lift capacity: for example, JD 2305: 1450 lbs. lift, 681 lbs. at 24 inches. Just not sure where that aerator falls in terms of how far out from the ends it would be.
I know this is an old thread,…but what route did you end up going with? I’m considering a 48 inch to be used with a Bobcat CT122. I’m not worried about pulling or lifting it. I’m a little concerned with the weight when lifted on the turf, because I have unloaded R4 tires as well.