Smoothing after FEL

/ Smoothing after FEL #1  

tld

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2025r
I'm having a FEL remove trees and brush. What can I use to pull behind my tractor to smooth things out. Not leveling, just to get the ruts etc out. thanks.

/ Smoothing after FEL #2  
A rear blade or box blade comes to mind. The rear blade is more for smoothing and finish grading. A box blade would work good since it holds more dirt to drop in the low spots or ruts. If thier just shallow ruts either will be ok but for deep ruts the box would be better.

/ Smoothing after FEL #3  
I just bought a yard rake (York rake is the most famous) today and used it for the first time ever. WOW! It really cleans up after using an FEL. It did a lot better job than the box blade or scraper. I wish I had this when I spread 10 yards of topsoil over 3/4 acre - it would have been a lot easier.
Mark

/ Smoothing after FEL #4  
If you want to do it cheap hook an old bed springs behind with a couple of cement blocks on for wt. and it will smooth out small ridges. I did this with my garden tractor befor I got my other toys and it did the job.

/ Smoothing after FEL #6  
Mark,

Do you know the web page of the York Yard Rake? I did a search under goole and don't seem to find it.

murph

/ Smoothing after FEL #8  
If you just need it smooth it out one time i have heard that if pull a palet behind your tractor with two cement blocks on it it works fine. If you wil use it more often it would be better to buy a box blade or rake. chico922@excite.com

/ Smoothing after FEL #9  
I bought my York Rake from the Tractor Store for about $300. It works great. I would recommend getting gage wheels - which I don't have. I use it mainly to redo my crush driveway, but the other day I did use it to fix up my FEL work, it did a good job.

LOL, Frank D

/ Smoothing after FEL #10  
Can't beat a good landscaping rake for this. I have had very good results with my Land Pride LR 1584 rake. Very heavy duty built rake. Weighs over 300 lbs. to give you an idea of how it is built. The extra weight is useful when landscaping.