SnapperPro PTO

/ SnapperPro PTO #1  

brokeasajoke

Silver Member
Tractor
320dtc
So the PTO took a poo on me the other day and am fixing to replace it only problem is getting it off. I have the lower portion off with the coil part left on. I have used a air hammer and a hammer on the shaft plus PB blaster but cant seem to get it to budge. Pry bar didnt do much either. Im going to drill 2 holes in it and tey a harmonic balancer puller. Any thoughts? Bearing must just be siezed on the shaft surely.

/ SnapperPro PTO #2  
I would say you are correct about the bearing being stuck. Did one on a country clipper a couple months ago. Top bearing failed. Had to remove the pulley assembly, and the coil pack which left the inner race and had to use a dremel tool to cut the inner race off of the crankshaft You may have to take the rest of it apart a piece at a time.

/ SnapperPro PTO
I pulled the failed coil out with just the upper housing and upper bearing left.

/ SnapperPro PTO #4  
If you can get the seal out see if you can destroy the retainer that holds the bearings equal distance apart. If you then can move the balls to all one side the bearing will separate the inner race from the outer race, and then you just have to worry about the inner race on the crankshaft. Dremel tool with cutoff wheel, cut a slot on both sides and separate the race from the shaft.

/ SnapperPro PTO
Drilled 3 holes and used a jaw puller. The coil said no but ingersoll rand on the puller said yes.

/ SnapperPro PTO
Ordered an Xtreme pto this morning. Lets see how UPS does with next day delivery over the 4th. Hope to see it by Tuesday.

/ SnapperPro PTO #7  
Ordered an Xtreme pto this morning. Lets see how UPS does with next day delivery over the 4th. Hope to see it by Tuesday.
Seem to be good clutches. installed a few over the last few years on customers mowers.

/ SnapperPro PTO
Seem to be good clutches. installed a few over the last few years on customers mowers.
Is OEM your go to clutch? Warrner was what came off. Almost $400 was hard to swallow.

/ SnapperPro PTO #9  
Is OEM your go to clutch? Warrner was what came off. Almost $400 was hard to swallow.
Actually XtremeOPE is my go to clutch, Like you I have a hard time even putting that $250-$600 clutch on somebodies mower. And I just barely break even on what I sell them for compared to what my profit margin would be on OEM. And dealer cost isn't much cheaper than what you see online for pricing. Sometimes only $3-5 dollars cheaper. So I make my money in the labor to replace not in the part.