Snow Blade Markers Installed

/ Snow Blade Markers Installed #1  

JDinVT

Bronze Member
Added some blade markers last night. Went to Deere, but they pushed me to aftermarket options. This is an Amazon set-up with some L brackets from Runnings. Had all the hardware kicking around the garage.

blade.jpg
blade2.jpg

/ Snow Blade Markers Installed #2  
That should work! What machine are you pushing that blade with? Does it have any way to float?

/ Snow Blade Markers Installed
That should work! What machine are you pushing that blade with? Does it have any way to float?
I do! I will be pushing with the 4052R. Should be just the ticket!

/ Snow Blade Markers Installed #4  
Oh it'll push snow all right. I was more curious about if the blade could float with respect to it's own SSQA plate, or if you just had to float the entire loader weight. I'm wondering because I see your nice gravel there; wondering how hard it'll be not to scrape it to heck during the thaws

/ Snow Blade Markers Installed
Oh it'll push snow all right. I was more curious about if the blade could float with respect to it's own SSQA plate, or if you just had to float the entire loader weight. I'm wondering because I see your nice gravel there; wondering how hard it'll be not to scrape it to heck during the thaws
I gotcha! I was planning on using the loader float and using the forward/aft to have it sit flat. I am unaware of any other floats on the system - but it's a new item that's yet to be played with.
It does have two feet/skids under the plow that can be adjusted with washers. It's currently set-up for what I assume would be asphalt, so I need to fix that.

Historically I have used a bucket with the float (on my old 2320 I had prior). That stay-pack gravel freezes solid, but I am curious to see what happens in the fall/spring as you point out. Even with the bucket I needed to do a little raking each spring - oddly enough I never dug into the grass.