Snow blower on a side x side UTV ?

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #11  
No hate from me on belt drive, and the last non belt driven I owned was 25+ year's ago. But in my experience doing what they're designed for (5mph+) is one thing, but creeping at barely a walking speed was not in the design criteria.
Plowing, where speed and inertia is important to a 500# "vehicle" is critical and it won't harm a belt drive.
I was only trying to caution the OP about possibly being disappointed pushing a blower at very low speed.👍

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #12  
I made that one mistake in the past with my 500 Rustyiron. I got caught up in all the ATV magazines saying how much faster and more powerful the 500 is when you clutch it.
So I did, then soon realized it was horrible plowing as you could no longer smoothly inch along.

I put the stock weights back in and never looked back.

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #13  
I can see how hard it is on belts and clutches not to mention producing a lot of friction related heat by barely engaging the sheaves on belt to slowly move along. You can probably gear it lower on the difs but that would be a little extensive and you'd lose your top speed.

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #14  
I wondered if there were a difference spring or weights (whatever controls the engagement) kinda the opposite of paystar's setup although I understand the principle of the variable sheve belt drive.... a little. I've never had one in front of me on the bench and DKS* beyond they're a pretty slick setup.
* don't know *hit 😆

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #15  
I know this isn't a tractor but I bet some here will have experience with one. If it's not allowed moderator, please delete. How well could a 28hp 4x4 utv handle a 60" snow blower? I've got lots of hills with a dirt driveway/road.
All the controls are in the cab. The blower has it's own gas motor. I plow mostly with a truck but there are a few places it would be nice to get the snow farther back. I know nothing about utv's or even 4 wheelers for that matter. Seems like I see them with plows fairly often but not blowers. I haven't bought anything yet, just thinking.
Thanks for any wisdom.

The only ATV/RTV/UTV snow thrower you should even consider buying
is the RAMMY 155 single stage snow thrower, it is a single stage machine
that has V belt drive.

The Rammy single stage snow thrower has many fewer parts than a
2 stage ATV/UTV/RTV snow blower.

The drive system is simple and operates at 600+ rpm.
It is much lighter than the 2 stage machines on the market
and has a Briggs and Stratton engine.

There are a bunch of youtube videos with the owners clearing deep snow,
they have a dealer network in the northeast and in Maine as well from
what I remember.

I have uploaded a lot of information about them here on the TBN forum previously.

www.rammy.fi/en/rammy-snowblower-155-utv-pro/

Last edited:
   / Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #16  
The only ATV/RTV/UTV snow thrower you should even consider buying
is the RAMMY 155 single stage snow thrower, it is a single stage machine
that has V belt drive.

The Rammy single stage snow thrower has many fewer parts than a
2 stage ATV/UTV/RTV snow blower.

The drive system is simple and operates at 600+ rpm.
It is much lighter than the 2 stage machines on the market
and has a Briggs and Stratton engine.

There are a bunch of youtube videos with the owners clearing deep snow,
they have a dealer network in the northeast and in Maine as well from
what I remember.

I have uploaded a lot of information about them here on the TBN forum and

www.snowblowerforum.com
Rammy, never heard of them til now made in Finland so it's probably sisu lol they make lots of other ATV attachments like front mounted ATV rotary mowers and a flail.
Interesting but pricey.

/ Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #17  
Thier simplicity in design and ease of maintenance is what makes them better in my examination of them.

I have looked at many 2 stage snow blowers since 1995 and I just shake my head as the people that design
these things have never seen a single stage belt to chain drive single stage snow blower.

I have told people to avoid the simplicity single stage snow thrower as it is nothing at all like the simplicity lawn
tractor mounted snow thrower sold in 1972 and the quality of build is of no comparison with 1972 simplicity single
stage snow thrower as heavy sheet steel was bent and welded to build them.

When I was tractor shopping I really wanted a tractor with bolted wheels and when I looked at the Simplicity that
sold me until I saw the pictures of their single stage snow thrower and the stamped and folded metal it was
constructed with.

The Rammy units are very well built and have a simple easy to maintain design and they use thicker steel to build them
and thier dealer network in the United States is expanding.

Last edited:
   / Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #18  
These UTV blowers do come in on FB marketplace and atv sized ones I see as well.
---------------------------------------------
Massimo 60” UTV Snow blower

334618081_8954953297911704_1089994476062411951_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / Snow blower on a side x side UTV ? #19  
Here is another brand of UTV blower, Bercomac., they aren't cheap about $8k.