Snow Attachments snow blower

/ snow blower #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
Hello to Everyone,
I am a new member and own a bcs 830 walk behind tractor , 9 hp and would like any info you could give me on a snow blower attachment for it , good or bad. I know what is available from the bcs dealers I just don't know how good they are, and how rugged they might be as I have a gravel driveway.I live in northern Maine so we get lots of snow and I have a pretty long driveway 300'.Any information you might have from previous experience with this snow blower unit would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Herb

/ snow blower #2  
Herb,

First, welcome to TBN.

I'm not familiar with your tractor but see they have both a single and 2 stage blowers. Again, I can't speak for yours, but I've historically found the 2-stage blowers to work much better than a single stage.

Whichever you choose, you'll want to set the skids up a bit so you leave a coat of snow on the driveway. Without the skids, the cutting edge will be able to grab the gravel and the auger will throw your stone all over the yard (or wherever you're blowing).

I didn't see any pricing on the blowers. What do they cost? In the event they're high, have you considered getting a stand-alone snowblower that's similar in size. A 28" blower with a 8HP engine is probably in the $800-$1200 range for a new one.

Brian

/ snow blower
Brian these blowers are about the same price range as you mentioned for a regular blower but the bcs has several advantages such as a gear driven pto, has no belts etc. to slip or wear out , much larger tires ,3 different ground speeds without changing the auger speed and a reverse gear.I have used the 8hp standard snowblower for years , it is all wore out now so just investigating other alternatives.I have never seen a bcs blower so I would really like to know how rugged they are as it will get much use.
Thanks for your reply,
Herb