Snow Snow blowers

/ Snow blowers #1  

lakeside

Silver Member
Tractor
B26, G11000 generator and a G1800
I just used my Pronovost 52" Puma blower behind my B26 for the first time and I was like a kid with a new toy. Now, I really, really don't like winter but the Pronovost ALMOST makes snow clearing fun:).

I have a 100 ft pretty steep gravel hill and four car gravel parking lot to clear. The snow was about a foot deep and I also had some snow banks left behind by the city plow. I went through everything like a charm. I did break two shear bolts but that's because it was the first time this winter and some gravel got caught up in the impeller. No big deal. After scrambling to remember where I'd left the spare shear bolts in the fall :confused:, I was blowing again in five minutes.

I'd only heard good thing about the Pronovost and if this short experience was any indication they are pretty good machines.

/ Snow blowers #2  
Lakeside,

I just started looking at the Pronovost last night, based on opinions on this forum. What dealers carry those? Their website isn't the best.

Thanks
Jesse

/ Snow blowers #3  
Saw those units at the Farm Show here in the fall. Well made and should give you many good years of use. I ended up with a Kubota model since they had a fall special discount and that covered the extra cost of the hydraulic shute rotation which would have been extra on the Puma. Both of these units are made in Quebec so that is a good sign since they do have to deal with a lot of the white stuff and both of those companies have a good reputation along with a couple of other ones as well.

I just used my Pronovost 52" Puma blower behind my B26 for the first time and I was like a kid with a new toy. Now, I really, really don't like winter but the Pronovost ALMOST makes snow clearing fun:).

I have a 100 ft pretty steep gravel hill and four car gravel parking lot to clear. The snow was about a foot deep and I also had some snow banks left behind by the city plow. I went through everything like a charm. I did break two shear bolts but that's because it was the first time this winter and some gravel got caught up in the impeller. No big deal. After scrambling to remember where I'd left the spare shear bolts in the fall :confused:, I was blowing again in five minutes.

I'd only heard good thing about the Pronovost and if this short experience was any indication they are pretty good machines.

/ Snow blowers
Jesse,

I actually went to see the plant in Ste-Tite, Quebec in late August. Really nice people and the service rep spoke excellent English. You might want to give them a call or send an email. Since they don't sell directly to the customer I finally had to buy from a Kubota dealer. Even though they don"t sell direct, the Pronovost rep did give me a suggested retail price that was within $50 dollars of what the dealer sold it to me for.

I went for the hydraulic rotation but decided not to splurge on the hydraulic chute deflector.

For what it's worth (exchange rate, customs, shipping etc) my 52" Puma with the hydraulic rotation package came in at CAD 2300 +tax.

Good luck.