SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!!

/ SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
Folks ... the "tropics" on this rock is suppose to run from 30 deg N. lat down to 30 deg S lat and I'm in that zone at about 25 deg ..... So what the H is all this white stuff doing on my lawn ??? 6 inches ...and no snow removal tools of any kind at my house or probably in the whole county ... I'd bet there isn't a snow plow within 100 miles of here. Sure is one for the books. I'll load up my camera after daylight - the grandkids are all here and none of them has ever seen snow - they played in it some late last night as it started - but 6 INCHES! It sure is pretty - a white Christmas for S.E. Texas. I'm staying off the roads - very few of these crazy drivers down here know how to drive in this stuff - and I'm not going out to try to teach 'em. Heck - I've been here so long - (over 20 years) I've probably forgotten how. I grew up in Iowa - but after moving down here I gave my snow shovel to a friend that was moving to Indiana as a going away present - never dreamed I'd ever need it again. I guess it'll be snowman time as soon as the kiddos wake up.

/ SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #2  
Now that really is unusual; hope you and the kids have a great day.

/ SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #3  
Mike, this is a screwed up Dec....south is north....north is south. Our friend Egon has rain and green grass and he is in Canada for heavens sake.

You have a once in a lifetime event...that you'd have 6 inches of snow right at xmas in se texas. Make the best of it, enjoy the grandkids, and take plenty of pictures to remember the moment.

sassafraspete

/ SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!!
My camera is sure to get a workout today ! Kids on Christmas morn and snow to boot -- here's my wife's tropical fish pond in the backyard

Attachments

• 553173-P1010006-3.jpg
    553173-P1010006-3.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 220
and the street in front of my house - live oak trees keep leaves on all year - they're under there somewhere

Attachments

• 553174-P1010010-3.jpg
    553174-P1010010-3.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 205
   / SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #6  
OK with all those kids running around .....WHERE'S THE SNOWMAN?.... SNOW ANGELS?... Going to our house up north tomorrow (Northern AZ) Hope I don't get that stuff I wont be able to get out. No phones up there and if that happens I wont be able to get back to the city and go to work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

like this? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 553191-P1010031-2.jpg
    553191-P1010031-2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 191
and this? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 553192-P1010034-2.jpg
    553192-P1010034-2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 174
   / SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #9  
OH what great fun.. brings back some fond memories. Looks like they're having a ball, on a side note I wonder if you realize thats your hat they confiscated err borrowed for the snowman /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SNOW - in SE Texas!?!?!!! #10  
Mike , where is the picture of you doing a snow angel. I can't think of a more fitting time to do one...you know you are never too old to do a snow angel. I showed my wife the picture of your little ones....and she said , well , I made a snow angel yesterday...and pointed out in the yard. Sure enough, there in 20 inches of snow....a perfect snow angel...made by a 50 yr old. Never too old.