Snow plow mount to FEL

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #1  

joede

Tractor
Bobcat CT235
My next door neighbor gave me an old snow plow that's been sitting around for at least 15 years I've lived next to him. I want to mount it the FEL on my Bob Cat CT235, use the curl hydraulic hoses for the angle adjustment on the plow. What's the best way to modify the plow frame to mount it to the bucket?

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #2  
I'm not great with searching this site, but there are numerous builds here.

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #3  
In my opinion, the best way is to remove the bucket and mount it directly to the loader arms.

Having the bucket on there adds considerable length, because you need the plow far enough out front, to have room to angle it.

Ideally, you want a way for the plow to float. And, some slop in the angle mechanism, so it can rotate up or down from side to side a few degrees to better follow the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
   / Snow plow mount to FEL #4  
Got any pics of the plow?

If you type in "FEL snowplow" in the search function, ie the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the screen, you will find a lot of threads about this. Look for Thread Titles only.

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #5  
I am in the process of finishing up one and found this thread and sub-threads most helpful.
Andrew.

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #6  
I am in the process of finishing up one and found this thread and sub-threads most helpful.
Andrew.
Ya, you want it compact. The further out the plow is the more leverage it has to push your machine sideways. I got a cheap used yellow plow for a jeep for my old L3200. Designed with lots of side to side articulation & my SSQA mount gave lots of vertical float. It was awkward being so long & having so much side push. But it worked well.

The stainless Snow Dawg I got for the new L4060 has no side or vertical articulation. Need to redo the frame to SSQA mount go get articulation & make it more compact.View attachment 729482
20170110_213656.jpg

/ Snow plow mount to FEL #7  
As Rustiron said "but there are numerous builds here."

When I had L2800 with plow attach bucket I came up with this.

Attachments

• PF1.JPG
    PF1.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 98
  • PF2.JPG
    PF2.JPG
    498.9 KB · Views: 86
   / Snow plow mount to FEL #8  
My next door neighbor gave me an old snow plow that's been sitting around for at least 15 years I've lived next to him. I want to mount it the FEL on my Bob Cat CT235, use the curl hydraulic hoses for the angle adjustment on the plow. What's the best way to modify the plow frame to mount it to the bucket?
My plow using the "underslung" mounting has been very satisfactory.

You may want to do some investigating before trying the normal loader hydraulics to control the angling. Since I used the existing third function on my tractor, I didn't bother trying to grasp the issues. Apparently some (or all?) loader hydraulics won't work for that.