Snow plow set up, which way?

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #11  
I snow blow for hire with a Cyclone 92" pull type. Do online contracts and get half up front rest due by Feb 1. No problem with collections.

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #12  
i upgraded last fall, i'm looking to sell my old rig.
'96 Kubota B2400HST with 60" snowking 600 3pt blower. ~1100hrs on the tractor. tractor looks a little rough, but runs great. Snowblower needs a little TLC. comes with 54" mower deck and bagger, chains, and bucket forks. PM if interested.

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #13  
I know a lot of people who contract plow and end up getting the same type of deadbeats who don't want to pay after a while. They just drop them as customers and take the loss.

If an account is overdue, then the following snowstorm would find that ex-customer with plenty of snow pushed into their drive or parking lot.

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #14  
I would go with a 3-point snowblower you use a plow you pile it up on the side then if you get more snow where do you put it with a snow blower it blows it completely out of the way and you can keep on blowing snow all winter long I had 20 customers that would prefer a snow blower over top of a plow because of that reason good luck

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #15  
ive plowed in trucks, skidsteers, wheel loaders and tractors and my favorite is by far the tractor. provided all your plowing is within a few miles, i'd go that route.

Attachments

• 20201209_103512.jpg
    20201209_103512.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 380

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #16  
If an account is overdue, then the following snowstorm would find that ex-customer with plenty of snow pushed into their drive or parking lot.
LOL, had a client that I learned was moving come Saturday, so I popped in to collect the last 1/2 but he said F--k off.
LOL, that Saturday we got 12 inches of heavy wet stuff so I honked and waved as I drove past while he was shoveling with a garden spade.

/ Snow plow set up, which way? #17  
So no snow where I live now, but I spent a lot of my youth on about the same latitude as Mpls. My first year in Wisconsin (2000) we got 55" just in December. I would do this as a both-and rather than an either-or. Put a good blade on the truck and use that for the typical few inches and clearing parking lots. I'd use the FEL on the tractor if you have heavy snows and need to 'move the pile'. If you want to shell out for a blower, I hope you have a cab. Heck, if you live up where you get snow frequently, I would always hope you have a cab...though I have lived without them it is certainly not my 1st choice.

As mentioned earlier, I would not expect to profit or at least make a living off of snow removal. Seems that snow is too often an all or nothing deal. That's why things are so messed up down here when it snows. DOT doesn't even have the sense to have a reasonable snow plow because it only comes into play every few years for a few days.