Snow Plow Suggestions?

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #1  

tandttravis

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B-26
I recently purchased the Kubota B26, the bucket is ok for moving snow piles, but would prefer a plow setup for my road, something with an angle shift capability. My machine is equipped the the skid steer quick connect, what is the best way to proceed?

I have just found the curtis model , which looks really handy, but $2500 is a bit steep! anything else?

Last edited:
   / Snow Plow Suggestions? #2  
Have you looked at the Kubota setup? Pricing but it sure looks super nice. I just use the FEL and a RB. Not the best, but it works for me.

/ Snow Plow Suggestions?
I'm unable to find the Kubota snow plow on their web site, mind sending my a link? thanks, Travis

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #4  
I have a 6 1/2' Curtis Snowplow mounted on my B2910. They have a quick attach for their plows. Works very well. Going to get touse it this morning. We have over 10" of fresh snow this morning.
P1240017.jpg

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #5  
Are you looking to simply buy a solution or are you willing to do some customization (welding) to significantly reduce the cost of your solution?

Either answer is fine, but the answers will be both different in direction as well as price.

I would expect a pre-built solution to be $3K+ while transforming a used pickup plow could cost well under $500 (including all parts including the plow)

This may be an opportunity to purchase a welder or other tools and still come out saving money.

As I said, either direction is fine and there will be many answers regardless of which direction you are leaning.

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #7  
i just picked up a kubota 2019 plow from a dealer that had it in stock (stored) for 5 years -- wanted to get rid of it, and i got it installed for 1/3 their regular asking price.

you can't beat a setup done right -- :D

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #8  
Eric: I thought any equipment you use had to be construction sized. After all you've used in the last year a little plow will seem very tame.

/ Snow Plow Suggestions?
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll probably go through this winter using the FEL and figure out a new game plan for next year. The Curtis model would be my first choice but I'll have to pick up a few paying plow jobs to justify the cost, I looked at the Payne clamp on model, I worry it wouldn't hold up well for heavy snow fall. If I get time this summer, I'll consider a home made rig, I have a good friend who is a welder:rolleyes:

/ Snow Plow Suggestions? #10  
As one of the previous posters mentioned if you are handy (or have some handy friends) you can modify a truck plow. It's basically a 6.5' Myers 4 way hydraulic snowplow (made for trucks) that the previous owner made a tractor mount for. I just have to take off the loader (about 5 minutes) and then take off the brush guard and install the plow mount (about an hour). It works pretty well. The only drawback is that I'm not in a warm truck cab but I just dress for the weather and all is good...

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg