Snow pusher for a gravel driveway

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #11  
Screenshot_20220929-165427_Facebook.jpg

I saw this design forsale recently. Looks like it may work prety well and very cheap to make your self...also less to rust.

With a gravel driveway if your scraping down to gravel ever time you plow your going to be cleaning alot of gravel out of your grass in the spring. I typicaly dont even move snow the first few storms until my driveway is nicely packed snow/ice.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #12  
^ that looks extremely heavy! And I see a lot of rust in those pics lol. Smart design though - for a big big tractor or powerful skid steer, anyway.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #13  
Also in PA, and I have the Frontier 6 ft. FEL plow on my 3033R, and love it. In fact, I like it so much I sold my Woods SB64S snowblower. Using a snowblower on a tractor with an open operator station on cold and windy evenings in January is enough to take the novelty out of moving snow.

Your machine is a little lighter than mine, you might want to stick with a 60'ish inch plow, but I'd not even consider a snow pusher on gravel for the reasons already stated by others. Get an FEL plow that you can quick change with your bucket (JDQA), and a piece of PVC electrical conduit. The guys with gravel drives swear by ripping a piece of conduit down one edge, and slipping it over the steel edge of the plow, to avoid plowing up gravel. Never tried it myself, but it's a method cited many times by many users of this forum and others.

When I had a gravel drive, I had replaced the skid shoes of my snowblower with wheels, which allowed me to keep the cutting edge of the blower 1" above the gravel. I suppose the same could be done with the skid shoes on a plow, albeit with more cutting and welding. I'd be trying the PVC first.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #14  
^ that looks extremely heavy! And I see a lot of rust in those pics lol. Smart design though - for a big big tractor or powerful skid steer, anyway.
"Design" you can use any tire you find and I hardly thing a small frame like that will rust any more than a all steel pusher.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #15  
Your machine is a little lighter than mine, you might want to stick with a 60'ish inch plow, but I'd not even consider a snow pusher on gravel for the reasons already stated by others. Get an FEL plow that you can quick change with your bucket (JDQA), and a piece of PVC electrical conduit. The guys with gravel drives swear by ripping a piece of conduit down one edge, and slipping it over the steel edge of the plow, to avoid plowing up gravel. Never tried it myself, but it's a method cited many times by many users of this forum and others.
OP has a Kioti 2610, which is like 58" wide with R4 industrials. A 60" plow won't cover the tire width when angled, heck, barely would when straight. The Kioti 2610/3510/4010 tractor can be over 5000 lbs with loaded rear tires and a heavy attachment on the 3-pt. About the same as your 3033.

I have the same frame tractor as OP and am considering a 7 foot plow for my FEL. 6.5' would probably be ideal, but harder to find used in good shape.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #16  
Snow pushers are for parking lots,IMHO.A rear blade is alot better and a FEL snow plow the best.Used this combination for 12 years and we average maybe 100in/yr.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #17  
You think it is heavy now, wait til it is packed with wet snow! I really wonder if those 4 bolts would even survive the weight. The only advantage to that design is the ability to run over curbs.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #18  
OP has a Kioti 2610, which is like 58" wide with R4 industrials. A 60" plow won't cover the tire width when angled, heck, barely would when straight. The Kioti 2610/3510/4010 tractor can be over 5000 lbs with loaded rear tires and a heavy attachment on the 3-pt. About the same as your 3033.

I have the same frame tractor as OP and am considering a 7 foot plow for my FEL. 6.5' would probably be ideal, but harder to find used in good shape.
Ah... thanks for the correction. I must have skimmed the OP too fast, or mind-drifted while reading all the replies, as I had it in my head they had a Deere 2-series.

Same sentiment still applies, go with PVC on a plow, but obviously the plow just got bigger. :)

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #19  
Actually that tire/plow idea, aside from looking a bit funky, probably would work pretty good. I could see it not picking up gravel, and going over obstacles such a curbs pretty well. I could see it having trouble (clogging mainly) under certain snow conditions though.

Seems like their are lots of way to move snow. It is just a matter of figuring out what works for you and your particular situation. I prefer the plow on my truck until the drifts get too deep, then I dig them out with my FEL, then plow with my truck.
I used to have access to snow blower, which was great if you get lots and lots of snow in a short period of time, but I had too many years in a row where it was overkill and not really needed.

/ Snow pusher for a gravel driveway #20  
The best way to move snow.... is just to not. It'll melt eventually. :p

I put snow tires on my cars, and pretty much only plow my gravel driveway for the sake of other people and delivery drivers. Really grinds my gears when a wrong-address person comes down my driveway with some bald tires and get get back up to the road. Had to take over an amazon van last winter and drive it up the hill myself...