Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow Removal with FEL

/ Snow Removal with FEL #11  
I have solved a similar problem by using a peice of TREX that I bolted onto the bottom of of my FEL edge. It has worked out great and is much cheaper than using any of the plastic products. Unlike using pads to keep the edge off the surface, the full edge application retains some ability to scrape snow or slush from your driveway. The TREX (synthetic decking) is made out of a similar plastic to HDPE (recycled milk jugs) which is combined with sawdust. The material has pretty good wear resistance and does not mark the surface you are plowing. Its not that strong so it needs to be bolted sufficently to the FEL edge. If you plan your bolts holes correctly, the board can be reversed when it becomes too worn.

/ Snow Removal with FEL #12  
I assume that you are counter-boring your fasteners so they do not contact the drive surface?

/ Snow Removal with FEL #13  
The bolts are counter-bored into the TREX. I used galvi carrage bolts mounted round head down with lock washers and nuts above the FEL edge. The bolts can only be counter-bored approx 1/2 inch. Since I plow with the bucket angled down and the TREX extends 1 1/2 inches forward of the FEL edge, I would need to wear off a huge amount of TREX before the bolt heads could contact the road surface. Before it wore that much, I would rotate the TREX, front to rear, and have a fresh area to protect the driveway.

/ Snow Removal with FEL
Thnaks for all the responses, I will be sure to try at least one of them before the next snow! Whne that happens, I will post the results.

Jim