Snowblowed Tonight

/ Snowblowed Tonight #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
:thumbsup:

I snowblowed for the first time this season. We got 3 or 4 inches of light snow over an extended period of time. It added up.

The Frontier blower was spot on.:thumbsup:

Who else has had accumulation in which to fire up the blower.??

Other than this heavy dusting, weather events in Maine this winter have been next to nil. Just enough snow to call it a white Christmas.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #2  
No snow blowing, not even close. Took the blower off today and did some brush hogging of area's couldn't get to this summer because it was so wet.

I left the brush hog on, I am sure we will get dumped on before next weekend when I plan on putting the blower back on.

It was a balmy 42 degrees today, while not a record high it is very unusual for this time of year.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #3  
We had 10" of Snow....last month (thanksgiving). now only 1" on ground. I was counting on lots of snow this season to help pay for my snow equipment...aint going to happen this season i fear.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #4  
I use a blade behind my 4wd Massey until it gets over 15", then I go to my 6' rear mount blower. The deepest single snow it's conquered was 32 inches. Stay in low range reverse and give it time to chew it up and throw it 30 ft.
It's a hassle working backwards, but a a front auger model is over $4,000.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #5  
Nothing here to push or blow around,heck we had more snow in October than December but Iam not complaining.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #6  
4-7" in the forecast for tonight.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #7  
49 degrees for a record high the 26th. We haven't had any snow to matter this month (and only 6" in November). I bought a used CUT w/blower this past spring so I predicted no snow in central MN this year when I brought it home in April, way before the weather service.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #8  
We have had 3 feet of snow here this season, normally we should have over 6 feet. I snowblowed twice in early December. There was maybe 5" on the ground at Christmas. Yesterday it was in the high 30's here, but it is now 20 and we are expecting several inches of lake effect snow today and tonight, so I will probably snowblow tomorrow.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #9  
We have had 3 feet of snow here this season, normally we should have over 6 feet. I snowblowed twice in early December. There was maybe 5" on the ground at Christmas. Yesterday it was in the high 30's here, but it is now 20 and we are expecting several inches of lake effect snow today and tonight, so I will probably snowblow tomorrow.

Last year by this time we had 5-6' already. This year we've only had about 10", none of it plowable.

/ Snowblowed Tonight #10  
We got a nice snowstorm last Weds night / Thursday morn (21/22 Dec) - about a foot. Still plenty on the ground here. No snow blowing (we mostly let the Colorado sun melt it at our place :D), but we had some great tobogganing yesterday... first time we've ever done it on our property (moved in 1.5 years ago).

As of about Dec 1, we'd gotten over 23" for the winter, which is more than we had all last winter! :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to more snow this year, and fewer dead trees/bushes in the spring. [Last winter was extremely dry for us. This is the front range at the foot of the mountains, i.e. like Denver; in the Rockies is a different animal.]