Loader Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #11  
If not fairly sure it will lift it I would have it delivered at a business in the area that has a loading dock. They usually off load it for free just to help a guy out.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #12  
This is why I prefer freight pickup from the depot - they will use their forklift to load it into your trailer or pickup bed for no charge and then you can use your bucket/forks or lift chain to lift off and drive out from underneath to place on ground. A freight trucks deck height would be too high I suspect.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs
Thanks everyone;
It will probably do it but because the specs were so close and the fact that the trailer bed itself would be 5 feet up and the crate another 2-3 feet up I felt that unloading a 760lb crate with the bucket fully extended was to much of a pucker factor. I paid the extra dough for the lift gate to the ground option.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #14  
I think you made a VERY smart move - I don't care what I told you previously. Spend a few extra bucks - nothing broken, damaged and nobody injured. However, as a partial defense to my original suggestion - I had no idea that the lift gate was a option. Now you can move it around either attached to the 3-point or hanging on a chain, off the bucket - a couple inches off the ground.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #15  
it will do it with ballet on the back, your GC is going to have a hard time with that snowblower, those woodmax are so heavy your going to need ballast in the front

I think you made a VERY smart move - I don't care what I told you previously. Spend a few extra bucks - nothing broken, damaged and nobody injured. However, as a partial defense to my original suggestion - I had no idea that the lift gate was a option. Now you can move it around either attached to the 3-point or hanging on a chain, off the bucket - a couple inches off the ground.

No problem, i didnt know it was either until i called Woodmaxx. it was 35 bucks more for the lift gate option so i took it. I would love to try it but not on something that expensive.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #17  
Picked my SB60 up at the actual woodmaxx factory. Nice bunch of people there at the factory. Loaded it onto my flatbed trailer for me. You can get to the U hook on the blower through the steel crate but i ended up just dragging it off my flatbed trailer and unbolting the crate and just hooking it up to the tractor in the driveway. Then I slid off the rest of the crate.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #18  
I got the electric directional control option on mine. After some thought on the fact there is no actual stops either mechanical or electrical to keep the chute rotator from just spinning around and ripping off the wires to the angle actuator I came up with a simple solution:
When the shute is aimed directly at the back of my head, I marked and sawed off the teeth that were engaging the motor at that point (about 6 of them). Now when it goes that far around it hits a dead spot and just stops rotating. (about 320 degrees of rotation) I do have to get off and give it a nudge to re-engage the teeth again if it goes too far around now but its better than ripping a cable off. Pict tomorrow.

** also mine came with the new wider feet. 2x wider than what the website shows. I added UHMW plastic to the bottom of them as others have shown here.

/ Snowblower coming weighs 760lbs #19  
Here is a picture of my modified chute to give it a dead spot so it does not over rotate with the electric s. Also here is a picture of the “big foot” pad that mine came with. 826F8BFF-55D0-482A-8833-0AA10AEA229B.jpegD691CD38-F45A-4CFC-B74D-4C32E0A88881.jpeg10746167-4D8B-4F5B-87E6-6267999D31E7.jpeg

Thanks, mine wont be delivered from freight terminal until tomorrow or Wed, which means after I unload it, it will sit in the garage for a couple weeks before I can get the unpacking. Also looking for a softcab, dealers want 1k to 4k for one...I only want one for snowblowing.
I was thinking about tack welding some kind of a bumper to stop the 360 degree rotation or wiring it so that if I go to far it wont rip the wires out.