Snowblower size question

/ Snowblower size question #11  
Why upgrade when you can improve your current one
with a few simple improvements?
You can line the chute and fan housing with 1/4" slick
sheet material from Mcmaster Carr and using grain
elevator bolts and nuts to hold it in place and installing
an impeller kit to double or triple your casting distance?

/ Snowblower size question #12  
I ran a 6' blower with 27hp at the pto without issue through several blizzards, and many lesser amount snows.
The same blower is now on my L4060 (32.5hp) and it just barely covers my tracks. A 6' blower will be fine on your tractor.

/ Snowblower size question #13  
For what it's worth, I run a 72" blower on the back of my B2650, which has under 20 pto hp. I have had it for four years now, and never once have I had an issue with it moving, or not moving, snow. Whether it be light fluffy stuff, heavy wet stuff, or stuff it has already blown, not a single issue (breaking a shear bolt because of a piece of scrap lumber the dog was chewing on isn't the blowers fault).

/ Snowblower size question #14  
When I posted 5 pto horsepower per lineal foot of blower width as the rule of thumb. I meant that as being able to remove snow in a timely manner, In reality, you can use any width of blower you want to so long as the 3ph can pick it up. Having said that, I for one don't want to spend a protracted amount of time removing snow, especially with an open station and freezing my tail off (not that I do because I have a cab unit), but snow removal for me isn't something I look forward to. I want to get it handled as quickly as possible and retire to the warm house.

Blowing or plowing snow for me ranks low on my list of 'to do' stuff.

/ Snowblower size question
Thanks for all the help!!

/ Snowblower size question #17  
But the pride of workmanship at the end is wonderful. Seeing all the nice crisp lines along the edges, and even backblading the tire marks in certain spots. Very aesthetically pleasing!!!!
Last thing I worry about. My prime directive is plowing / blowing out my rentals so my renters can get to work and pay the rent. Asthetics mean nothing to me, never have.

/ Snowblower size question #18  
But the pride of workmanship at the end is wonderful. Seeing all the nice crisp lines along the edges, and even backblading the tire marks in certain spots. Very aesthetically pleasing!!!!

I can relate. I like a neat job on the dozen or so rural drives that I plow. When I use the blower (infrequently) the job looks incredible!

/ Snowblower size question #19  
I agree on liking the results of the blower much better than the plow. Even on storms where I plow, I will go back and do the edges with the blower to get them cleaned up.

/ Snowblower size question #20  
I ran a 6' McKee Snolander 520 behind my '64 MF 35 Utility. With some conveyor material added to the fan, lots of rear weight and tire chains, I went through some gnarly storms. I went out late at night and blew a 5' deep x 5' wide plow dump at my mailbox clear across the main road in three swipes. (two for the majority of the snow, the third swipe to get whatever fell off the top)

My machine is around 30pto HP.

My father uses the blower now, I have a company vehicle that I can use for personal stuff with a Boss v-plow. Now my pup sits next to me in the heated seats while I plow us out.

Edit: We had a storm a few years ago that dumped probably 3' and drifted to over 4'. The business behind my house closed for the day, the roads were downright treacherous. Since the business was closed, whomever plows it waited to do it last. I take care of the entrance (we share an entrance) like it's my own, mostly becasue if we need emergency services at home, we'd be out of luck. Too far to try to walk through to get to my house.

Fired up the old Massey, let it warm up, got to cutting the path in. I cleared the entire entrance from my driveway to the state road that I live on, plow berm and all. When I saw the plow guys out there they thanked me, because they wouldn't have been able to get in past the plow line at the road's edge. It was like packed cement and 4' high. I blew it all right across the road.

If that happens again, I'll miss having the blower at my house...