Snow Attachments snowplow prototype (no third function needed)

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed) #1  

Rockbadchild

Veteran Member
Tractor
2076E Massey Ferguson
I saw this prototype on Facebook I think its genius what you guys think? I couldn't find the video so there is pictures... it is all operated with the tilt. Obviously, his setup is not strong enough but i like the concept.

1666720475754.png

1666720531910.png

1666720557520.png

1666720734820.png

1666720754694.png

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed) #2  
Cool idea using the curl to function the plow side to side movement. Not sure on the loader frame brackets and the floating of the plow. If the loader needs to be in float mode, then steering an front tire traction is compromised because of the loader geometry. If the design was shorter, was only using the ssqa for hook-up, and was floating independent of the loader arms, then I would say YES!

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed)
Cool idea using the curl to function the plow side to side movement. Not sure on the loader frame brackets and the floating of the plow. If the loader needs to be in float mode, then steering an front tire traction is compromised because of the loader geometry. If the design was shorter, was only using the ssqa for hook-up, and was floating independent of the loader arms, then I would say YES!

The loader doesn't need to be on the float mode, he can lift and lower the loader, but you are right that he can't adjust the angle of the plow. I guess he could have different adjustment holes for different angles.

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed) #6  
Question: does the far tip when angled, raise up and the back edge lower? Or does the bottom edge of the plow blade remain flat to the ground? On my ssqa plow angling the blade requires adjusing the curl to get the bottom edge flat to the ground. Major pain. Jon

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed) #7  
Does look interesting, Looking at the pics, My concern would be there don't appear to be any trip springs. Catch anything immovable and ?

Does look interesting, Looking at the pics, My concern would be there don't appear to be any trip springs. Catch anything immovable and ?
valid concern, it would need to incorporate a tipping system with springs like a traditional plow … not sure if that would be possible with its current setup

Last edited:
Question: does the far tip when angled, raise up and the back edge lower? Or does the bottom edge of the plow blade remain flat to the ground? On my ssqa plow angling the blade requires adjusing the curl to get the bottom edge flat to the ground. Major pain. Jon
it remains flat to the ground when angled … he adjusted his bottom edge angle and it’s stay fix … i am expecting it could be a problem if plowing on a variable grade …

/ snowplow prototype (no third function needed) #10  
It will only be flat to the ground when the ground travelled over is flat - by that I mean if the driveway starts to slope upwards (uphill) then the ground in front of the tractor (under the blade) is higher then what's directly under the tractor, to compensate the loader will have to be raised (otherwise it digs in and the front wheels come off the ground) - once the loader is raised a bit the angles change and now if the blade is angled left or right then the blade will no longer sit flat on the ground.
So unless you have a perfect driveway with marginal to no slope or change in slope this will not work great.
The other issue is when this system hits an unmovable object.. Without a spring loaded blade that impact is going to find the next weakest link... Something is going to break.