Snowplow.

/ Snowplow. #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
I have a L2250 with a blower on the back but would like to get a front bucket mounted plow blade. Some years
back when I got my Payne Forks I also found a blade that mounted the same, 2 heavy cramps. Can't find it now, would appreciate input on what other manufacturers any here are using. Thanks all.

/ Snowplow. #3  
Lots of ideas and links here to follow up on.

bucket snowplow - Google Search

Bruce

We offer a snowplow that is similar to what you're looking for but better in a lot of ways. It mounts on the bucket and floats like the big plows so no unintentional down force (you can apply down force if desired), has fully functional trip springs and optional skid shoes, and can be installed or removed in under a minute even with heavy gloves and ice present so you can switch between your bucket and plow quickly. We offer it in both a 60" and 72" version, here are a couple of pictures and a link. BXpanded Snowplow

2.jpgSnowplow1.jpg

/ Snowplow.
My fel does not have the reinforced upper edge. Is it the chain tha keeps it from coming off backing up or from sliding off side to side.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
   / Snowplow. #5  
That chain lifts the blade when you curl the bucket back. It should only be taking part of the weight of the plow, maybe all of the weight max.

/ Snowplow.
what holds the assembly secure to the bucket. I dont see any clamping dvice.

/ Snowplow. #7  
I suspect a chain (or chains) that run underneath, up the back and connects to that top bracket.

Aaron Z

/ Snowplow. #8  
I looked at clamp on blades for my previous tractor. An eBay or Google search should point you towards some manufacturers. I ended up keeping the FEL available and switching between a rear mount blower and rear mount blade. My new machine has a SSQA 7' front blade with the same blower on the rear. Awesome setup.

/ Snowplow.
Id like to know from the BXpanded rep how the unit is secured to the bucket. It appears the carrage could slide left/right. What keeps it
locked in position. It appears its designed specifically for a new BX not necessarily a 30 year old L series.

/ Snowplow. #10  
It is definitely not designed for only the BX, it fits virtually any tractor with loader even your 30 year old L series. It hooks over the cutting edge of your bucket and is held in place by a chain/binder around the back of the bucket that attaches to the hook seen on the top of the bucket. Once locked on it does not slide. The other chain that is slack in the pictures allows the plow to float independently of the bucket so you do not have the weight of your loader on the plow causing it to dig into the surface however you can apply down pressure if you want to. Clamp on plows can't float, the best you can do is put the loader in float which still has the full weight of the loader on the plow. Here is a link to a video of it in action. BXpanded Snow Plow Video