So CORNFUSED!!!!

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #1  

Kevin1967

Tractor
Ford3930
Ok, here I am again. Still looking at tractors. Now I am thinking about trading in my '99 New Holland 3930 4x4 w FEL, 2 remotes, rear tires 40% front tires new, 1560hrs, no leaks, bad bearing in right front axle. I am wanting to buy another tractor but I need the 3pt to be able to lift 1500#'s minimum and I need the FEL to be as strong if not stronger. Several of the 35-40hp tractors like Kioti can lift 1646#s and usually the FEL is less. That's too close for comfort for the 3pt! Branson can lift the most w/ FEL and 3pt. However, no dealerships are close to me. I am confused by the differences in lifting capabilities between FEL & 3pt in tractors with the same HP.
So, are these capacity ratings legit, do they come with a little buffer room or, as I am assuming a little inflated? I have looked at Mahindra, Kioti, Branson, RK, New Holland, Kubota, and I just don't know. The more I read the more I get confused. Secondly, what do you guys feel is a fair sale or trade in value for my 3930? Its a beast, nothing wrong with it, just too heavy and large for what I need and have to haul it between two places. Mahindra offered me $12k. I think could sell it easy for $16-17K.

Thank you for your input and experience.

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #2  
The difference between your 1999 tractor and the tractors out there today is total weight. According to Tractordata.com your NH is 5,446 lbs and your 3pt can lift 3,080 lbs because of that weight. I looked up info on Kioti's website and I believe you have been looking at the CK series (3000lbs) but you need to move up to the DK series (DK4210SE is 3500lbs) to get the specs you are looking for. The Kioti DK has 3pt specs of 2716lbs @ 24" out from hitch/ball ends and loader capacity of 2474 lbs at the pivot pins. You will probably have to go to a slightly larger hp in any brand to get the lifting capacities you want because of the tractors today being lighter than your older model when they made them tougher but with less bells and whistles.

As for the price you can get for your old tractor look at it this way. EVERYTHING is getting in short supply and STEEL PRICES are going UP UP so you can probably get more for your tractor if you sell it yourself. You will probably want to get a new one 1st so you don't go tractorless if inventory dries up further but you can use financing options to pay for the new tractor if necessary until u can sell your old one to get your money back out of it.

/ So CORNFUSED!!!!
The difference between your 1999 tractor and the tractors out there today is total weight. According to Tractordata.com your NH is 5,446 lbs and your 3pt can lift 3,080 lbs because of that weight. I looked up info on Kioti's website and I believe you have been looking at the CK series (3000lbs) but you need to move up to the DK series (DK4210SE is 3500lbs) to get the specs you are looking for. The Kioti DK has 3pt specs of 2716lbs @ 24" out from hitch/ball ends and loader capacity of 2474 lbs at the pivot pins. You will probably have to go to a slightly larger hp in any brand to get the lifting capacities you want because of the tractors today being lighter than your older model when they made them tougher but with less bells and whistles.

As for the price you can get for your old tractor look at it this way. EVERYTHING is getting in short supply and STEEL PRICES are going UP UP so you can probably get more for your tractor if you sell it yourself. You will probably want to get a new one 1st so you don't go tractorless if inventory dries up further but you can use financing options to pay for the new tractor if necessary until u can sell your old one to get your money back out of it.
Thank you! I just started looking at the DK models today I was looking at the DK4510. Its just the site I was on didn't list any specs and I didn't have time to check out the KIOTI web page. Yes everything is going up accept for my bank account!!
I do plan on listing my tractor maybe on Facebbok marketplace or something. I am sure it will go fast.
Thanks for your help

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #4  
As you look at lifting capacities, watch how they are presented.
3ph seems to be fairly standard with ratings at 24”. This is usually on compacts. My understanding is this 24” distance is from the pins for the lower lifting arms on the tractor. For most compacts this will be about at the balls for the lower arms to attach to the implement pins. Your 3PH will lift less than that weight as all implements are behind this location.
Loaders are even worse, many if not most list a weight at the pivot pin—a totally useless specs! Some are now also listing 50mm (19.5+”) in front of the pivot pin, if it is a pin on bucket that will be roughly at the front of the bucket, if an SSQA bucket, it will be typically about the mid point of the bucket. This is more useful, but only if only doing bucket work. If doing pallet fork work, it again becomes almost useless as your weight (on a SSQA) starts some 10” in front of your pins and is spread out up to 48” from that 10” in front of the pins. If a pin on bucket it is even worse because you will not change to forks to move 1 pallet and now with clamp/chain on forks your load is 50mm in front of the pins to 48” past this distance.
Conclusion: these weight lifting specs are presented to make the machine look impressive and almost useless to the purchaser. You much purchase well in excess of your needs to be sure you have the capacity you need.
And this has not even touched on ballast. You will need ballast.

/ So CORNFUSED!!!!
Yes, ballast is a must. I figured as much and the different inch measurements from different points boggles my mind.
Thank you for the very important information.

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #6  
If you have a Yanmar dealer near by you may want to
check out this tractor for comfort and easy to operate!

willy

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #7  
If you have a Yanmar dealer near by you may want to
check out this tractor for comfort and easy to operate!

willy
Yanmar has really stepped it up. I am looking at Kioti primarily because for out the door tax included with 2 remotes, 66" bucket, R4's etc for a CK3510SE I am out $24,000. My lift needs at the rear is not anywhere near the limiting factor but the loader lift capacity is always in need of more, always! Thanks for informing me on Yanmar.

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #8  
Thank you! I just started looking at the DK models today I was looking at the DK4510. Its just the site I was on didn't list any specs and I didn't have time to check out the KIOTI web page. Yes everything is going up accept for my bank account!!
I do plan on listing my tractor maybe on Facebbok marketplace or something. I am sure it will go fast.
Thanks for your help
"Yes everything is going up accept for my bank account!!" 🤣 Ain't that the truth!

/ So CORNFUSED!!!! #9  
I've found that the load lift graphs for the FEL are the most accurate comparison. I have a HD grapple on my FEL. The center lift point of my grapple is at a completely different location than what Kubota uses to rate the lift capacity.

Then again - it helps to know what you will be lifting( weight ) and how high you will be lifting this load.

My very heaviest loads ( very large rocks & chunks of pine tree trunk ) are lifted only high enough so nothing on the grapple drags. What I call - knuckle dragging.