SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED)

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED)
i've had it running a few times, and that has been fun. it sounds pretty aggressive :)

i am still searching for a mower deck, grille etc. but that is low priority at present... i have some sources looking also. there is a young teen on Vaancouver Island who has made a business / hobby restoring vintage ride-ons, and though he has no Jacobsen's, he has decks that might work. I need to visit a few people on Vancouver Island anyway, so probably taking a drive next Spring.

It's been a crazy year, with my wife mostly out of town, assisting her aged father, 8 hours away. I will have more time to tinkerin when she's back and can assist with some daily errands, and trips to town.

Thanks for checking in, have a great day.

Update:

GRILLE - i have a friend locally that is a fabricator, he has a plasma cutter, as well as a 3D printer ... perhaps we can make a grille, as they are difficult to find, i'm getting the measurements for him. probably a winter project, for a weekend

MOWER DECK - still searching for any brand that will fit, primarily Jacobsen or Ford

I know that the Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 and the Ford 140 are essentially the same production with different badging.

On Friday a friend and I are going to a residence where a gentleman is clearing out / giving away about 35 - 40 ride on garden tractors. Perhaps that will give me some options also, ... so that it's ready for Spring 2023.

Last edited:
that was a bust, nothing
most of the mowers were already sold

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #44  
Keep trying! Sorry for the disappointments but when it's done you will appreciate the effort you put in.

I'd like to get a photo with my daughter and her son on it, and then me and grandson. that would be cool
I think it will be another Spring project at this point
my connection on Vancouver Island might still have options.