So little 320dtc info 320 DTC Farmtrac

/ So little 320dtc info 320 DTC Farmtrac #1  

brokeasajoke

Silver Member
Tractor
320dtc
I inherited a farmtrac LG 320dtc and can find so little info on them on the net. Not sure if this is the correct forum, but looking for any info I can at all. I have no owner s manual so anything would help especially fluid specs. I can tell the clutch is only about 50hr old after being replaced at 300ish. Came with 5ft bush hog and a box blade but no FEL.:( Thanks all.

/ So little 320dtc info 320 DTC Farmtrac
Thanks thats a start.

Here we go, this is what I know so far and I'm going to assume this applies to the 270 dtc as well as the 320 dtc.

Main gearshift gear selector lever on right side controls 4 gears which ARE fully synchronized but later in the book it says they are not. What the hay? Either it is or it isn't. I don't know.

For/Rev shuttle lever " although the tractor does not have to be stopped completely to reverse the direction of travel, we recommend that you stop, depress the clutch and then shift the shuttle lever for safety"

Speedometer shows speed in highest gear possible.

From experience, bleeding fuel air sucks. I had to bleed air from filter all the way to the injectors. Only bleeding 2 of them got me going.

Glow plugs. Warm weather 10sec Cold weather 20sec " When starting in cold weather, cover the radiator with a suitable object do the coolant can quickly reach a warm temp then remove the cover"

"DO NOT TOW TRACTOR. TOWING CAN CAUSE GEAR BOX TO SEIZE"

Differential lock is supposed to release upon pressing brake. Mine however does not.

PTO says it is dual disc but I only remember 1 disk 15years ago when we split it to change it. I've slept since then.

Cooling system 5.5qts of permanent type antifreeze but I use pretreated diesel antifreeze.

Fuel 7.4 gal

Engine oil 4.75qts of 15w-40 SF, CD rated

Transmission hydraulic oil. 9gal of Citgo tractor hydraulic fluid.

Grease multipurpose

Front axle oil. SAE 90 or equivalent.
320dtc 320 dtc 270dtc 270 dtc

16143867234471382210882530512680.jpg
Maintenance and service intervals

Done the 400 hr trans fluid change today. The spec is purtty close on 9gal. I used TSC premium trans/hyd fluid and a wix 51536 filter.