so ummm do you enter those survey contests?

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #11  
I always do the TSC ones coz I'm hoping to one day win "the big one", but I never do.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #12  
I used to fill them out at my local hardware store, for 50 "points" added to my rewards. They also had some pretty good sales such as 20% off. For the past couple of years that only applies to "order online, pickup at store", so I don't even mess around with it anymore.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #13  
Depending on how the "survey" is being done, it is likely that your answers are being added to the data various companies keep on you. The more data they have on you, the more they know about you.

Years ago I read an article on how liking something on the Internet allowed companies to know a great deal about you. This seems obvious, but what was not obvious, was how little information they needed answered to know you like a coworker, friend, sibling, parent or spouse. I think that was the correct order in knowing a person from least to best.

The number of questions that needed answering was around 10-20 to know you like a coworker at the low end to 300 likes to know you like a spouse.

Think what they would know about you if they tracked your survey answers....

Later,
Dan

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #14  
I used to fill them out at my local hardware store, for 50 "points" added to my rewards. They also had some pretty good sales such as 20% off. For the past couple of years that only applies to "order online, pickup at store", so I don't even mess around with it anymore.
Not to go too far off topic, but what's the general experience with "order online, pickup at store"? I've had good luck with it at HD, but it seems that anything I might be interested in ordering from either TSC or Walmart online shows the item not eligible for local pickup. Maybe it's just the stores nearby?

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #15  
Not to go too far off topic, but what's the general experience with "order online, pickup at store"? I've had good luck with it at HD, but it seems that anything I might be interested in ordering from either TSC or Walmart online shows the item not eligible for local pickup. Maybe it's just the stores nearby?
I've only done it once, when I was on Covid quarantine but needed feed and food. It was actually pretty easy. I created accounts at the hardware and grocery stores, chose what I wanted, and paid for it. Upon arriving I called the number and they put things in the back of my truck.

I just prefer to look at things before I buy, especially at the grocery store when buying produce.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #16  
Wife does the surveys for the grocery stores. She just got a $30 off $50 if you wait in your car while they bring your groceries out to you. So she bought 30lb of ground beef at 2.19/lb, $60something down to $30something. Vacuum sealed and in the freezer. This isn't the first time she's gotten these deals too.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #17  
NO

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #18  
Don't think I've ever been asked to fill out a survey at BK, never heard of Cracker Barrel.
Most of the chain restaurants just try to push you toward getting their cellphone ap.
The Burger King survey link is on the bottom of the receipt.... every receipt.
You have to go to their site and enter the number that is on the receipt.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #19  
Many moons ago I filled out a lot to win assorted items. Not much anu more. One time while sorting mail my wife said I got a registered letter. I told her I got one a few weeks ago but I just threw it out. I had to go to the post office to get the letter. I won something. What I won was a 5hp Havoline truck. It was big enough for a 250# person to drive around the lawn and down the road. Had balloon tires and the body was made of fiberglass and had to climb in through the roof. The cutest little truck I ever saw. In 1990 it was worth around $1500. Only thing I ever won from those quicky sweepstakes.

/ so ummm do you enter those survey contests? #20  
Not the same thing but long before I'd ever heard of "the internet" I once opened a piece of junk mail before throwing it out.
There was a dollar bill inside, as well as a letter asking my to fill out their survey.