Soil Screener

/ Soil Screener #11  
If you had two tractors at your disposal, I would put fork pockets on the screen and containment walls on three sides. Make a way to arrest the screen on the forks, and you could manipulate the load of soil a bit. Rock it back and forth a bit. Then dump the garbage off to one side.

/ Soil Screener #12  
Be certain to take frequent breaks. Apparently too much screen time isn’t good for you.

/ Soil Screener #13  
Shaeff, check the link I posted (post#6) - might be more what you're looking for... Steve

That's almost exactly the idea in my head, thanks Steve! I've already got many of the parts needed to build it, too.

/ Soil Screener #14  
Sounds like a win-win; first win = me being able to remember I'd bookmarked it :rolleyes:, second win = you already having most of what you need :thumbsup: ... Steve

/ Soil Screener #15  
Sounds like a win-win; first win = me being able to remember I'd bookmarked it :rolleyes:, second win = you already having most of what you need :thumbsup: ... Steve

You bet! I'm pretty excited about this project. I just need to find the time to build it. Maybe if I sent the wife away on a vacation LOL!

/ Soil Screener #16  
It looks like it screens real well. But how do you get all the screened material out when the screen goes all the way to the ground and have a pile of big stuff at the lower end? You should at least put it up on something so the bucket has room to scoop the good stuff up. You could also push the big stuff 90* and get almost all of it if the containment wall is high enough.

/ Soil Screener
It looks like it screens real well. But how do you get all the screened material out when the screen goes all the way to the ground and have a pile of big stuff at the lower end? You should at least put it up on something so the bucket has room to scoop the good stuff up. You could also push the big stuff 90* and get almost all of it if the containment wall is high enough.

If I put it up any higher I probably couldn't get the bucket over the top to dump. The idea behind the design is to have a long sharp angle surface rather than have to build a vibrating mechanism.

These are not very good pictures since I took screen shots from the end of the video but it shows how much I scooped out from under the screen and the second photo shows where I piled the sifted soil. I have two hooks welded to the underside that I use to pick it up with the loader for transport and I can easily move it when I need to sort the dirty side.

scooped1.jpg

scooped2.jpg

/ Soil Screener
I stuck a cheap dash camera under the canopy today and screened a little wet soil. This gives a better idea of how i clear and move the screen with the hooks I welded to the back supports. Wet stuff doesn't screen that well.