Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement

/ Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
So the title pretty much says it all. I sold my MX-270. Bunch of reasons. Had great power, but the CAPS pump always had me nervous (they were always a surprise failure) and that was a big reason. Another was parts availability was dwindling. Never had anything I couldn’t find, but the spool valves are no longer available. I was made a great offer, so I let it go.

Anyway-now onto finding a replacement.

Here’s a few in my price range I have been considering. I have about a month to mess around with this.

If anyone has experience with any of these dealers, please speak up

Last edited:
   / Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #2  
Looked like the Massey has the setup for your front mounted cutter, if your other tractor went down at least you wouldn't be completely out of business, every one of them are a lot of tractor.

/ Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #3  
No knowledge of any of the dealers.
The Massy looks to have the front lift, does it have the front pto?
The Challenger is the only high speed one, all the road travel you that 35 mph is better then 25.

/ Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #4  
Don't forget about transportation, it won't be cheap today.

/ Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement
Looked like the Massey has the setup for your front mounted cutter, if your other tractor went down at least you wouldn't be completely out of business, every one of them are a lot of tractor.
It doesn’t have a PTO, just 3 point. Would need a PTO like my Massey 7495 to run front mower.
The thing I don’t like about the Massey is the rear duals and I would have to buy a weight block for the front 3 point.
But I think just one set of the 2 rear sets would be fine.

No knowledge of any of the dealers.
The Massy looks to have the front lift, does it have the front pto?
The Challenger is the only high speed one, all the road travel you that 35 mph is better then 25.
No PTO, just front 3 point and a couple hydraulic outlets.

I looked at a different Challenger today locally. Its also a 665C. Very clean & nice. New engine installed 200 hours back. CVT was replaced under warranty ~4,000 hours.

Very strange because those 8.4L AGCO Power/Sisu engines are excellent and the Fendt CVT’s are usually good for 9,000 hours before the seals fail.

/ Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #7  
Cab shows quite a bit of wear, and those high dollar rears are whipped. But kind of local to you and gone through like that, interesting.

Yeah the rear tires are pretty close to the end. The cab was really nice & clean inside. Makes my Magnum look like an old fossil.

Where did you see wear on the cab? Maybe I missed somethin?

Couple pics I took today

1709769938991.jpeg

1709769522470.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Sold Case-IH Magnum 270, now looking for replacement #9  
It doesn’t have a PTO, just 3 point. Would need a PTO like my Massey 7495 to run front mower.
The thing I don’t like about the Massey is the rear duals and I would have to buy a weight block for the front 3 point.
But I think just one set of the 2 rear sets would be fine.
I wonder why they would make a tractor with 3 pt hitch in the front but no PTO, I'm sure there is a logical reason but I don't know what it is, you never see a tractor down in these parts with front mounted 3 pt hitch, that's why I thought your rig with the front mounted cutter was so sweet.

Big plow/silage blade or a weight block.