Sold my last John Deere today...

/ Sold my last John Deere today... #1  

JerryK

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra (2011)5035 HST TLB & (2016)2555 HST Cab & (2017)1526 HST(2018)Cub Cadet Pro Z 154L (1991) Caterpillar E70B
Sold my 1991 JD 420 HST garden tractor w/blade today and ordered a shinny new 1526 HST with front blade. Going to be shipped up from Chattanooga Assembly and maybe get it in two or three weeks. I am charging up my digital camera and will take pictures and maybe some of my Mahindri fleet after I get it.

1526 HST industrial tires 25.6hp [ Mitsubishi ] [ below emissions threshold ]
rear spool valve
72" Bercomac built Mahindra front blade and subcarraige
Beet juice
Loader control valves [ Kansas Machine Works ] [ no loader, have two on my other Mahindri ]
Grill guard [ " " " ]
........................ Life is good :)

/ Sold my last John Deere today... #2  
I can see Jerry at Christmas.......making a Mahindra Santa sleigh and raintractors.:laughing: When will you get one bigger than mine?:confused3:
hugs, Brandi

/ Sold my last John Deere today... #3  
When tractor companies farm out their stuff, there are better places than not to buy from in my opinion. When I first bought my JD 750 32 years ago, that was made in Japan and built by Yanmar. It was as solid and reliable a tractor as anyone could get. As a matter of fact, that entire 50 line were a bunch of great tractors. I feel the same about the Mitsubishi built Mahindra line. It is probably their most trouble free farm out. You are really going to like that little tractor.

/ Sold my last John Deere today...
I can see Jerry at Christmas.......making a Mahindra Santa sleigh and raintractors.:laughing: When will you get one bigger than mine?:confused3:
hugs, Brandi

My biggest is the 5035, which is about 8500#'s [ big 35.5" front tires ] with the FEL and hoe on, middle is the 2555 which is 5 more hp, but no where as heavy as the 5035, and my new little guy will be about 3100#'s with the beet juice installed... Sadly, none will be as big and as powerful as yours, Sis.... but I always was told size did not matter... [ thank God...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ] :) Sup prized you have not bought a big brother for Red.... [ ???? ]

/ Sold my last John Deere today... #5  
My biggest is the 5035, which is about 8500#'s [ big 35.5" front tires ] with the FEL and hoe on, middle is the 2555 which is 5 more hp, but no where as heavy as the 5035, and my new little guy will be about 3100#'s with the beet juice installed... Sadly, none will be as big and as powerful as yours, Sis.... but I always was told size did not matter... [ thank God...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ] :) Sup prized you have not bought a big brother for Red.... [ ???? ]
They were lying..................nothing beats cubic inches. Surprise..................Mahindra doesn't make excavators. 6-18-17 Stump .vs 48 Inch Bucket.jpg The CAT has a working thumb now. You can read the installation thread here.............http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/348595-caterpillar-diverter-valve-4.html
Page 4, post #31.
hugs, Brandi

/ Sold my last John Deere today... #7  
When you retire someday, you are not going to have anything left to do....... :)
Nothing to do..........with a loader/tractor/backhoe, a 15,000 pound excavator and a 7 yard dumptruck......................Ha!

After I finished hauling up the tree and filling the hole, I was standing near the gate to my island duck pond. Looking back where the tree was and I thought...................................I could move the fence and dam all the way to the culvert now.

Ha.............I haven't finished digging out the last dam move yet. So I got a huge retirement project right there.

Now that my daughter (and Grand daughter) are moving back to this area from Austin, I'm thinking about buying a pine plantation. Then I could have more exemptions for toys, uh...I mean equipment!

I also have to build a log house. Oops...........need more toys, uh I mean equipment for that too.

Dad was creative in his retirement. When he ran out of things to do on his 1 acre, he took the boards off the wood picket fence and nailed them onto the other side.

On another note, I saw a 6520 at my dealer this morning. I went back in and asked the story. Seems it was traded in earlier this morning and was forsale.................$17,000 for 865 hours. Salesman said I could have it for $16,000. Went out to look at it. ML275 loader starting to fade to a dark pink. Fender tops rusted through! Both fender light mounts rusted through. Canopy was converted to 4 post roll cage. All levers missing plastic handle. Engine side covers rusting through. This thing was used and abused in the woods. If it was in the same or near same condition as my 6520..........I would have bought it for a dedicated 3PH tractor.

What was odd..........the guy traded in for a 5070 or 5570. Smaller.:confused3:
hugs, Brnadi

Nothing to do..........with a loader/tractor/backhoe, a 15,000 pound excavator and a 7 yard dumptruck......................Ha!

After I finished hauling up the tree and filling the hole, I was standing near the gate to my island duck pond. Looking back where the tree was and I thought...................................I could move the fence and dam all the way to the culvert now.

Ha.............I haven't finished digging out the last dam move yet. So I got a huge retirement project right there.

Now that my daughter (and Grand daughter) are moving back to this area from Austin, I'm thinking about buying a pine plantation. Then I could have more exemptions for toys, uh...I mean equipment!

I also have to build a log house. Oops...........need more toys, uh I mean equipment for that too.

Dad was creative in his retirement. When he ran out of things to do on his 1 acre, he took the boards off the wood picket fence and nailed them onto the other side.

On another note, I saw a 6520 at my dealer this morning. I went back in and asked the story. Seems it was traded in earlier this morning and was forsale.................$17,000 for 865 hours. Salesman said I could have it for $16,000. Went out to look at it. ML275 loader starting to fade to a dark pink. Fender tops rusted through! Both fender light mounts rusted through. Canopy was converted to 4 post roll cage. All levers missing plastic handle. Engine side covers rusting through. This thing was used and abused in the woods. If it was in the same or near same condition as my 6520..........I would have bought it for a dedicated 3PH tractor.

What was odd..........the guy traded in for a 5070 or 5570. Smaller.:confused3:
hugs, Brnadi

You deserve a new one to sit next to Red......!!!!! Or a skid steer.... or a ......... Ma always said that you talked about maybe someday living in a log home with a big wrap around porch... with a nice rocker to sit in there outside, late evening to watch the sun set... :) I, on the other hand, have a 5035 TLB, a cab'd 2555 for winter [ we get white stuff up here that is actually kind of frozen water that falls daily from the sky. It blankets just about everything. Usually white fluffy stuff, but sometimes the consistency of wet cement. ] that also does 3pt duties away from the woods, and will be getting a shinny new 1526 for 3pt work out in the woods.... But, I do not have an excavator..... [ sniff, sniff-sniff ]

Last edited: