Solenoid for NH 1920 compact diesel

/ Solenoid for NH 1920 compact diesel #1  

AlbionWood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford NH 1920
Does anybody know how to identify an aftermarket solenoid that will fit one of these Shibaura-made compact diesels? NH has a monopoly on the parts - can't cross-correlate the part numbers to any other mfr - and wants $265.15 plus shipping... for a solenoid!!! Sure don't want to pay them a $200+ premium. I stopped at an auto parts dealer and we found some in their catalogs that look identical, but we can't know for sure because the part numbers won't correlate.

NH part number is SBA 185816240 but I doubt that will help...

/ Solenoid for NH 1920 compact diesel #2  
Does anybody know how to identify an aftermarket solenoid that will fit one of these Shibaura-made compact diesels? NH has a monopoly on the parts - can't cross-correlate the part numbers to any other mfr - and wants $265.15 plus shipping... for a solenoid!!! Sure don't want to pay them a $200+ premium. I stopped at an auto parts dealer and we found some in their catalogs that look identical, but we can't know for sure because the part numbers won't correlate.

NH part number is SBA 185816240 but I doubt that will help...

It's only a monopoly if you don't know where else to look. These folks have a replacement solenoid: Atlantic Quality Parts - Atlantic International Distributors

That's a source I knew about. Googling the NH part number will reveal others.

/ Solenoid for NH 1920 compact diesel
Thanks Rick, found several sources, ordered solenoid.

Still don't understand where NH gets off demanding $265 for a part that sells for less than $50.