Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples?

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Just a few in stock:

GrappleStock.jpg

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #3  
For me, it was never about zero available, it was more about what quality and strength per pound per dollar was there.

Many of the available ones are too heavy, or too small, or too expensive. I eventually tracked one down that should be light and strong. It will be a couple of weeks before I can pick it up from the dealer. I'll do a review and post pictures.

Another problem for me was places like Homestead only made the clamshell style, but I prefer the root style. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars, I will get what I want, not what they have in stock.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #4  
The problem is not finding grapples. It is finding grapples in the style I want, in the weight I can use, that have a good jaw opening I want, that have the ability to be maintained, that don't cost stupid money. EA had developed a grapple that checked all those boxes... until they disappeared. The hunt continues. One of the WR Long grapples is presently on my short list. But the nearest dealer that stocks one is almost 6 hrs away.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #5  
Cheap, fast and reliable everyone’s goal, rarely achieved.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #6  
The problem is finding what you really want.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #7  
For me it’s finding global quick attach and large size.

You’d think nobody with global wants a grapple, but newsflash, they DO!

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #8  
I was just lucky. The right size, the right type - available in the Kubota dealership lot. Yes - I paid a good amount for it.

However - a broken and twisted implement that cost less is still worthless.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #9  
Hehe...you're working with big beasts.

I'm not 100%, but I may have seen one or two mfgs that offered global. You may need to check directly. There may be some that have "off the menu" options.

I didn't want anything wider than my tractor (68"). Most of the heavier duty options started at 72". While not a deal breaker, it just makes it easier to maneuver with little loss in functionality.

/ Somebody say they were having trouble finding grapples? #10  
I got this Land Pride grapple eleven years ago. Its the SGC1560. 820 pounds of AR400 steel. 60 inches wide. Fits my needs perfectly.

I have never lifted anything over three feet off the ground with the grapple. Keeping it low does two things - maximizes stability and lift capacity.
IMG_0011.jpeg