Something else you don't need

/ Something else you don't need #1  

RobertBrown

Elite Member
Tractor
Bolens G192/TS1910 Ford/New Holland 1920
I thought this was a clever build. Simple and easy to make....but fairly useless.

/ Something else you don't need #2  
Dang:eek: guess no waiting period or paper work,

/ Something else you don't need #3  
Looks like he's only about a picnic table's length from the target.

Back in the late 70's I purchased a couple Larc M19A BB machine guns. Those were also impractical, but very, vary fun! :laughing: It was basically the same thing as in your movie principle-wise. It was a plastic bottle shaped like a futuristic machine gun. You took a pitcher, dumped in 2000 BBs, added a tablespoon of graphite powder for lubricant, stirred them up and poured them through a milk jug top looking cap on the back of the gun. Then you'd take a can of freon, put this little collar and valve on it, punch it with a hammer or knock it on the ground to puncture the can, then plug it into the gun. When you pulled the trigger, the freon would pressurize the gun and spit a stream of BBs out like a sand blaster! It was able to ding up car doors pretty badly. We tried it on some junkers in the woods. It would also break glass out to about 50-75 feet, but that's about it. Pretty much a vandal's dream! You had to provide I.D. and the serial numbers were recorded by the factory, as I recall. I still have them. Haven't used them since freon became a no-no. They also sold a CO2 adapter right around the time paintball started up. I just never looked into it. Wouldn't be hard to adapt. The factory recommended keeping several valves and cans of freon ready because after about 10-20 seconds of firing, the freon boils and freezes the can and gun and seriously decreases performance, so you'd just snap off the frozen can and snap on a warmed up one. It was fun, but after your 4th or 5th pound of BBs and two dozen cans of freon, you realized this thing would get expensive compared to your old Red Ryder! :laughing:

Here's a video of some guy that adapted it to compressed air, but he doesn't fire it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BamoH18C00

Here's another one shooting compressed air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqW3buuxOpg