Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #31  
   / Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #32  
After. Much much later, lol! FWIW, putting the transmission in neutral while being pulled through the car wash is the least of the vehicle associated issues not only in the south but pretty much everywhere.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #33  
In my case I didn't know what was going on until the attendant came over and started screaming at me. That doesn't set well with me, I almost got out and screamed back at him. He said I would have to go out, around, and through again but it wasn't worth it to me. Next time I'll go to the self serve, I do a better job anyways. A sign before entering would have been helpful, as the minimum wage attendant obviously isn't capable of doing so.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living
In my case I didn't know what was going on until the attendant came over and started screaming at me. That doesn't set well with me, I almost got out and screamed back at him. He said I would have to go out, around, and through again but it wasn't worth it to me. Next time I'll go to the self serve, I do a better job anyways. A sign before entering would have been helpful, as the minimum wage attendant obviously isn't capable of doing so.
I've got to give my son credit, he is good in dealing with people. Last week he had to crawl through a lady's trunk to open her car up (not sure as to why) and he got a $5 tip and the lady was really thankful.

You would think on a "conveyor type" carwash where people stay in their cars, there would be signs everywhere on what to do, added someone would talk to you and run through the procedures before you enter the actual wash, a "starters point" if you would where if you have any questions, now is the time to ask.

I go to self serve all the time as my primary wash. Generally no more than $5 in quarters and I get the weathertech floor matts good as well. Actually closest to me, only 5 miles into my town instead of having to drive 25-30 minutes to big fancier ones.

One thing I always when using the self serve car wash is put the minimum amount of change in to start it. Then go over all the cycles quickly to ensure everything is working. Nothing more aggravating than to put in $5 worth of quarters to only find the soap brush or something else isn't working.

As noted though per why I started this thread, I generally pass on any car wash when it'e below freezing LOL

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #35  
Nothing more aggravating than to put in $5 worth of quarters to only find the soap brush or something else isn't working.
That's why I like places which take credit cards. Too many times the machines don't work, and management doesn't seem to care when you lose a few bucks. I dumped $5 just to start a self serve dog wash, only to have it not work. The attendant at the adjacent car wash tried to help, but he also had his own job to do, so asked me to contact management on Monday. They didn't answer my calls or return my emails so I finall y contacted my CC holder and got a refund. It may have been stupid over five bucks, yet I've donated too much money to automated services over the years.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #37  
How do they charge you? by the minute?
There's an initial charge, just as when you put in quarters. Then they add on more minutes until you shut it off.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living
There's an initial charge, just as when you put in quarters. Then they add on more minutes until you shut it off.
That's what I figured. I'll have to look for one. I know the two on the main road out of town only offers the standard change exchange.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #39  
That's what I figured. I'll have to look for one. I know the two on the main road out of town only offers the standard change exchange.
I've also seen a couple of gas pumps which take cash, but have never tried one. I can't afford to lose the cost of a tank of fuel.

/ Sometimes people in the south forget where they're living #40  
This was not a typical winter (cold front) storm...a break in the upper atmosphere allowed the arctic air to slip down...

What is going to be rarer than hens teeth (in the south) come Monday is going to be plumbing repair parts etc...!
Story. Years ago I had an elderly friend that I often visited. Him and his wife were "Winter Texans". They had a house in Brownsville Texas. One Spring after he returned to Missouri I went to visit him. In talking he said their water line to the house had frozen!!!! I said wow, it got cold enough to freeze a buried water line? He chuckled and said it wasn't that cold, but the water line is only a couple inches deep......